Is there an easy way to create checkpoints without using teams service

1. **What do you want to achieve?
    I want to achieve checkpoints that when touched it saves the players location my idea is when a player touches a new checkpoint each time it saves the player’s location on death and when they leave the game
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I have not found a way to implement my current method into a datastore where it could be saved
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    The solutions I have tried are serialization but I’m not sure how to include that in a datastore I have tried looking up many tutorials on serialization but only found one on the dev forum and by the end, I was confused on how to put it into a datastore. Tried a tutorial on Youtube it partially worked for the first checkpoint but then it failed to change checkpoints when placing a second one. Does Anyone Have a better solution for checkpoints that save when touched?
-- This is an example Lua code block

Put this in ServerScriptService.

local Players = game:GetService("Players")
workspace.Pos.Touched:Connect(function(hit)
    if hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid") then
	    local Player = Players[hit.Parent.Name]
	    Player.RespawnLocation = workspace.Pos
	end
end)
Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(Player)
	Player.RespawnLocation = workspace.Spawn
end)

This will change the player’s SpawnLocation.
To save it, it depends on how you want to do it, with name, instance, etc.

1 Like

Seems like a good start I just need to change a few variables and incorporate them in a datastore

I created a tutorial on this a little while back, it’s all about checkpoints and a simple lava brick. You can find it here.

3 Likes

Thanks for the help I will seeif it works out.EDIT: It works but im going to modify the code to include a pcall function to make it better.

If its the answer, make sure to check it, so other people can reference it later :slight_smile:

3 Likes