Is there any usable user-friendly fps frameworks/systems?

I was wondering if there is any usable gun systems besides FE GUN KIT, ACS and carbon/alpha engines because each one of them has issues
Fe gun kit: viewmodel is a hassle to setup with no official tutorials
updating from legacy to latest version is difficult and takes a very long (why isn’t there an update tool yet?!)
some objects dont even replicate (it utilizes remote events to replicate, why?!?!)
ACS: Very prone to exploiters (theres a kill all exploit)
It got taken down
Carbon/Alpha: both engines are obfuscated which makes them very unreliable to edit and no trust at all.
Plus just like fe gun kit its difficult to set up certain guns.
So that sums up to if there is actually any gun systems that meet today’s roblox standard in code-wise? and gameplay also.

2 Likes

You’re lucky that free ones even exist ( ACS being open-source has saved me hours of work and headaches ). I’ll quickly explain some things to you about these free frameworks and how to utilize them properly

1. Use the tutorial I have linked here, it’s made by the creators of the Viewmodel FE Gun Kit ( I think ). But tbh its to be expected that the more freedom you have with something the more of a hassle it is to manage

2. Just make an anti-exploit or utilize Glenn’s Anti-Exploit ( Made for ACS ( I think ) )

3. Carbon Engine isn’t obfuscated, it’s minified so it’s more difficult for exploiters to understand it, I have fixed and modified CE before by Beautifying it and then changing things

3. Alpha Engine is by far the least exploitable out of the whole list ( To my knowledge ( I haven’t had the need to exploit it so far ) ). Also AE is obfuscated with Luraph ( Best Lua obfuscator available ) to make it really difficult to exploit.

TL:DR
Learn how to use, modify and fix the framework or make your own.

Sorry if this came off rude but it’s the truth, DM me on discord @ d9d3 if you want any help or tips with anything though

• xor

I did use that tutorial and there is sitll countless amounts of bugs in fe gun kit. Most notably being where if you change camera FOV while aiming with the viewmodel the whole thing breaks and your gun becomes lowered.

Both gun engines use it and guess what? There is still exploits that change stats!

Yes it is. Despite that it still has a kill all exploit.

Same with CE, Obfuscated = harder for devs to edit = bad rating :slightly_frowning_face:
Also didn’t carbon engine, a minified engine that is meant to stop exploiters according to you have a vulnerable that let’s you execute server-sided scripts?

1 Like

CE is not obfuscated, it is however minified. There is a difference, Obfuscation in the Lua world is almost always VM obfuscation, an example being Alpha Engine. Since CE is minified you can paste it into a beautifier and get a nice looking result back.

I never said it’s designed to stop exploiters ( that’s not possible + it’s not ), I said they minified it to make it slightly more difficult to do. Another thing is, just because it’s minified doesn’t mean the server-side will have good sanity checks.

Edit: To fix the FE Gun Kit problem you need to weld the aimpart to the fakecamera

• xor
1 Like

FastCast. It’s easy to set up and can be modified slightly if you have no knowledge of the scripts, and a lot if you do.

1 Like

I use fastcast in my weapon systems, makes everything easier, but you do have to make some sort of handler which is pretty easy

A handler is already included in the example gun, but I would recommend heavily modifying it. I personally modified the entire module, but it’s a great base source to use regardless of skill level.

True dat, I use a heavily modified version of BlackShibe’s Handler

Can i get a link to that if you don’t mind?

This fixed my issue! Thank you!

That was quick, sure. Here is his tutorial to gun systems. Writing an FPS framework, part 2 (2020) he has his handler linked in this one

1 Like

I had the exact same issue way back when I used to use FE, it also fixed my problem so i’m happy it worked for you

Oh i just realized it doesn’t use tools, is there way to convert that framework?

Wdym?

(DM ME : Yield Generator#9774)

/charrrssssssssssssssssssssssss