Is there any way to hide RemoteEvents?

I would say if the player tries to act with any tiles he cant legally see, he’s cheating.

Or, here’s a fun idea… send wrong information updating unseen tiles. This sounds like a great honey pot opportunity.

Thanks Golgi,
But just like Client can’t see Server. Server can’t see Client, as far as I know, without firing a Remote, which runs into the same problem…

Also, my question is off-topic for this post, so I will start my own.

Thanks again.

(re-formatted)

If the clouds serve the purpose to hide the enemy then you will probably want to re structure your system. If all the data is sent about where the positions of the enemy are then you need to probably rethink your entire system.

If (I am assuming you have moving parts on the server showing troops) possible you can instead send the troop movements and locations only near to the player. Then the RemoteEvents only serves a visual effect.

If RemoteEvents already only serve a visual effect then I don’t think you need to worry about securing it. But, if the RemoteEvent is pivotal to the game working or is a security flaw then you have to change the system.

No, the clouds are just decoration, for Hexs (tiles), which you haven’t been to yet at all, instead of just open sea…

He would just see the entire map and all Players units from the start…, if he stopped the initial
tile.Parent = nil

I never send any info. I just send a Remote:
tile.Parent = Workspace.Globe – to uncover a tile and all enemy units which may be in it.

That’s the beauty of it, and also the problem. He could do that at any time too…

Test124c41 is open source, I believe

I AM devious and dogged, I never say die.I will figure it out…

I guess that people COULD use this method to “hide” large areas of far off regions of an FPS map, in one shot, as defeating that would just give a Player lower performance; no real advantage…

1 Like