Is there anyway to ip Ban people from my/you're games?

Thank you very much for you’re help either.

there should be hwid bans and an official BanService
i heared exploits use hwid (idk cause i never used one)

2 Likes

Theres an suggestion for that at this suggestion!

1 Like

Saying it’s not possible is just wrong, It’s been possible like 4 times throughout the years, even being able to do it through purely Lua.

1 Like

I don’t think this is true, but I may be wrong honestly. How you could have possibly gotten a user’s ip address purely just through Roblox lua without it being directly exposed through some kind of api I am pretty clueless. Can you find any sources of some kind talking about this? It sounds like it would have been a pretty serious thing and I’m interested.

1 Like

It’s happened several times.

1 Like

This is very interesting, and it definitely does show that it was indeed a concern. It looks like this is a case where it was accidentally exposed though, which isn’t really an exploit, but rather a huge oversight. With how Roblox has grown, any method to find a user’s ip address is no longer an actual concern for us, and currently definitely wouldn’t be possible to do with the amount of back checking Roblox does. I see no reason why Roblox would accidentally expose user ip addresses again.

is getting someones ip from roblox against robloxs terms of service?

Gosh that would be helpful to stop alt creators but sadly this is impossible and never will be possible, Roblox actually is against game owners having the power to ban people from their game in general so I doubt they would add something to help support that, though it would be a nice feature.

1 Like

I think it sohuld be obvious but yes it is.

its so stupid though since im a group moderator from having people continously creating new roblox accounts and joining the game and doing the same thing after ive already banned them

1 Like

It’s not possible to get a user’s IP address for safety reasons.

It would be nice if Roblox could provide a way similar to how Discord words to banning users from your server.

Provide a username to ban to a username list on Roblox for your game, Roblox will handle the checking of users IP on their end.

4 Likes

This alone is not a good solution since it could just be an alt created on a VPN, and for those who don’t use VPN’s and use shared connections you might be banning an entire family.

Then have the user try over and over till they protentially run out of usernames. That’s how all the big discord servers do it.

Either way Roblox doesn’t provide any direct API for banning users since it is a huge power - and can lead to lots of misuse. It would be a horrible UX to have this power misused on you.

You could try adding a account age (like their account has to be 30 days old to join) so if there’s an exploiter and they get banned they can’t immediately create another alt and go back to what they were doing. Substitute for not being able to ip ban?? may be helpful.

1 Like

Yea, I don’t think there will be a way to IP Ban.

Why shouldn’t this be possible? Every website is allowed do this.
But to answer the question there is no roblox api for doing this, but even if you wanted to people who use wifi there IP address changes every 24hours also if you use fibre optic internet it doesn’t generally work unless the user has a specific fibre optic plan. So short answer there is no way to ban players using IP address but you can use usernames and even if there was it would only last 24 hours or maybe even less.

cause it could be abused? I don’t know: