Is there anyway to stop hackers from stealing/copying your game and scripts?

So I am making a game and I wanted to know if there is anyway to block SYNAPSE X (a hack that can steal your map and scripts) I know how to make an anti exploit that stops from noclipping, flying, and other hacks but I don’t know how to stop that, Does anyone know how to do it?

9 Likes

ServerStorage & ServerScriptService are only visible to the server. So anything parented to those will not be replicated to the client.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the save.instance exploit can’t be prevented.

4 Likes

I might just make the game were you only can play on accounts older than 3 weeks that way no one can make a alt to hack on.

3 Likes

Anything on the client that they have control to includes local scripts, objects, and probably tools that they receive in their character. These are easy to steal.

What cannot be stolen? Server scripts, anything in ServerStorage (as long as it isn’t taken out and given to the client), and any module in ServerScriptService that is only required by the server.

What can’t they steal but is client-sided? Animations, because only the person that owns it can use it and in order to steal it, they have to copy it. (This makes stealing the entirety of the game harder for games that rely on animations to create a smooth gameplay experience)

1 Like

Ok that’s good but I mean the map mainly because I could make it so if your account is under 1 month you can’t play so then the hacker could not make an alt and hack.

1 Like

They can definitely steal your map, it’s something meant for the client to see thus they can control it. Setting an account age requirement won’t really help you that much as it limits new players from playing your game, I suggest to not do it even despite the alt problem. If your map is just stolen once, anyone will easily get it without having to use an alt if it is shared.

1 Like

well that sucks, I wish Roblox cracked down on people that make these hacks and sue them :confused:

3 Likes

or Could i make a script that takes the map out of sever storage and loads it so then they can’t steal it, but would that work?

2 Likes

The client must have control of objects in order to be able to see them, they won’t necessarily destroy your game or anything, they just can see it and that’s it.

You can’t really patch this type of thing that easily. If the client can see it, use it, or it’s in somewhere not related to the server, it can be taken.

1 Like

Ok well that sucks I guess all I can do now is hope that no low life does it.

1 Like

Design your game well and keep it updated and interesting enough that a stolen copy wouldn’t be worth playing at all.

2 Likes

I’m away at the moment but I have been working on something similar to this.

There IS a way of detecting when a Player injects into a ROBLOX Place - My work around wasn’t perfect - But when an injection is detected, the entirety of the Players accessible areas are removed and is then kicked.

Example -
Player injects.

Game notes unusual activity.

Assets in Workspace, ReplicatedStorage, Lighting, etc. Are :Destroy() to prevent having anything to steal in the first place and the Player is then kicked.

18 Likes

Just a quick note that they cant really steal your game. The game is not functional at all. They can only view the game. I am not too sure about them stealing maps/models but just know that the game it self is not playable. Nothing to worry about unless you care about your models and maps.

2 Likes

Don’t worry too much about your game getting copied/stolen, people who use a stolen copy of your game usually don’t make that much profit of it,
it’s against Roblox ToS too so if they get caught the place gets [Content Deleted] along with their account.

People who’ve played your game will usually know and recognize that you’re the real creator of it and the stolen copies won’t gain that much.

5 Likes

But how will you detect the injectin?

5 Likes

yes, don’t make a roblox game and don’t script /shrug

4 Likes

From what I’ve studied on Krnl’s saveinstance, it won’t save scripts and objects if the server moves them from serverstorage to startergui/starterplayer before the player joins

3 Likes

if you obfuscate your script then if they try and decompile the game with there hacks it will just break the process

2 Likes

it can, check crystal anticheat

2 Likes