Is there's way to save big amount of tables in datastore in one database key, or there's other ways?

Making something like wiki hub on Roblox and I have many tables to save in one table.

I’m aware about the limits and ways, imagine I have to save many tables with data, but how to do that?

One key would only save up to 4MB. I think that’s not enough because of the amount of different data I’m going to save in each table.

Is there’s a way to save this kind of information in a data store? Or it’s only use to save some info for each player but not to save many things in one key?

For example, we have 2k of tables with 1k characters, it’ll take 2MB? I’m still aware if I’m right, can someone make me sure, it’ll be a hard work and I don’t want to lose it.

So I’m asking 2 questions: I’m right if limitations won’t stop to make 2k of tables with 1k of characters in one key? And is there are other ways to store it?

PLEASE NO SUGGESTIONS TO USE EXTERNAL DATABASES, I could make one with python and SQL, but it’s hard to keep servers and deploy it.

You should first try if its enough or just insert all your tables in text document and check size that it takes

I counted everything, but still not sure if I counted everything right. 1k of characters take 1k of bytes, there’s going to be 2k of tables, so it’ll take 2000000 bytes. 2000000 bytes is 2MB right? So it won’t be over limit?

See if you can serialize your data any better than the HTTPService JSON encoder. if it’s just an array of 1kb strings maybe you could convert it into one long comma-separated string.

Another route in a similar vein would be using some sort of compression to convert your tables into one dense string and decompress when loading. This isn’t usually done in roblox but I found a implementation you may use on the community forums

1 Like

Thanks! This would really help me.

this video might help

Thanks so much! Especially with analyzing part of the video, I’ve learned how can I just count how much data I’m storing.