Is this a bug, roblox studio? Or cheaters can change the position of an object on the server?

On the bottom left is how the server sees it

Maybe this is a peculiarity of interaction models between the server and the client in roblox studio?
Strange interaction between the server and the client.

1 Like

Don’t see anything wrong here. If you create a part on the client, only the client sees it. The client can also screw with the physics hence what is happening here at the moment with the client having ownership.

Though I may be missing something which is always a thing :sweat:

1 Like

That is, the cheater can go right now, let’s say, in the Jailbreak, and run the script, which will be a cycle that will teleport all the transport in the sky, and because of this no one can not normally play on the server?

An exploit that uses this principle of physics ownership if I’m not mistaken. Though I probably am as this is not my type of thing to learn :man_shrugging: read up about it if you want.

I’m going to assume you are taking physics ownership of the plane due to interacting and being near it. Try standing far away and controlling it?

See how it is similar to the exploit:

An unanchored kill brick is created on the server. If I teleport it to someone from my client when my character is close to theirs (no matter how far either of us are from the actual brick’s position), the server .touched event immediately triggers on their character.

To answer your theory:

You shouldn’t ask me, but, as an assumption, there probably is stuff in place to prevent this issue from occuring in the first place.

Change its position in the client and see for yourself.

1 Like

This because of the change in network ownership of the parts, If a part’s network owner is a client the client can manipulate the physics for that part. Roblox by default changes network owner of a part to client when the client is near to it. In your case you can force the part’s network ownership to be the server.

Read this for more info : Network Ownership

2 Likes

Very interesting, thank you.
I didn’t know it worked that way.
But this is the problem, because cheaters get full control if the server has shifted to them the responsibility of calculating the physics