Is this Luraph script a virus?

So I was working today on a game when the console showed me this

I was able to trace this back and the script shows this:

--Deleting this script will cause great damage to Roblox Studio. this script has been placed by the adminstrators of roblox.
--This is used to keep studio updated and to fix bugs.
--Leave the Script in workspace or else it'll crash roblox studio or it will crash your entire roblox game.
--Thank you for reading this.

local UPDATEROBLOXSTUDIOUPDATESNOWROBLOXSTUDIOUPDATELATERlIliiIll11IlliIiiIlii...

I think this well maybe a virus and I cannot confirm this, this model is also in KreekCrafts Timmeh series and it raises me concerns of this being a virus that destroys the whole place. Please confirm if this is true.

1 Like

It’s an obvious backdoor or scam. Remove it.

3 Likes

If a script is claiming to be placed in your game by an admin or saying that deleting this script will cause damage to studio/you game, its a virus. Delete it as its a backdoor.

1 Like

This IS a virus. There is no way that will keep studio updated.

1 Like

Should I also talk/message kreek about this?
Edit: He also has this model.

Was it his official model or a re-upload?

Make sure you only download the official model by Kreek. I guess you can talk to kreek about it, but people can just re-upload it as its already a free model and people are allowed to copy it. Always be careful of free models you insert when it has scripts inside or made by someone you dont know.

2 Likes

Kreek never made the model, he just took it from the marketplace.

1 Like

You meant he took the model and put it in his game?

1 Like

This is indeed a backdoor. You may refer to my own thread on backdoors in case knowledge of them is not present.

Assuming this is a plugin, it will spread to each model via Instance.Selected and write new code to the Editor via Script.Source.

However, if this is a model, the only thing it can do is load 3rd party modules via require()

Judging by the fact that the script is obfuscated, and not a lot of developers obfuscate their own code, it would be advised to talk to the place owner about this.

2 Likes

Yes, as you can see on his Timmeh series.

1 Like

If he didnt make it then i would download the exact one he did. If it is the exact one, then definetely tell him about that as it could effect a lot of other people who may not know how to look out for viruses.

1 Like

Right now I’m uploading this to youtube so anybody with the model can remove it. And also have awareness to new developers.
Uploaded: - YouTube

1 Like

Luraph is a code obfuscator (created by exploiters, I might add), so if something is trying to hide its code by making it hard to read (using Luraph), and sneaked its way through a model, its most definitely a backdoor.

1 Like