Is this a virus?

Just to be safe though, @smartcarman1 should verify all of plugins he has installed / uninstalled & check for backdoors.

1 Like

That’s true but in this case the script is pretending to be Roblox itself and not the thing that it really is.

Normal plugin would say something like this “You need to enable HTTP requests for the door to communicate with the Discord bot so you can use the provided commands”.

Bad plugin would say “Hey I am Roblox and you are required to enable HTTP requests cause why not”

@smartcarman1
You shouldn’t use free models or anything you found online unless you know its a trusted source or you checked the script. Find the model or script it is from to make sure it isnt a virus. If it is delete it
and report it to roblox

You also shouldn’t use random plugins if its not used by alot of people. 99% of plugins at the moment are copies of other popular plugins and have viruses in them. Make sure you know where your getting them from

I found a script in the terrain called fix that said “This script is for Roblox studio, called studio Hardware56. Removing this may cause severe damage to your game.” and had a require hidden in it, I removed that script and the gui went away, but when I closed studio and opened it again the fix script was there again.

2 Likes

You have a plugin which inserts this virus. You need to find the plugin. Try disabling all plugins and then removing the script. Then enable plugin one by one and check if the script reappears after each time you restart.

That sounds like you have a malicious plugin installed.

I checked your profile and found some of the plugins, I’d suggest you should uninstall them and remove them from your inventory (For everyone: Do NOT install these.):

Enable Bubble Chat
Load Catalog Items - Roblox
Tree Generator (NEW!) - Roblox
Kills And Deaths Leaderboard - Roblox

1 Like

If it says this, it’s a virus.

If the script comes back, it’s a plugin causing it.

1 Like

If it was me, I’d copy everything in the game but the script, and make a new game.

1 Like

Hello. I’m Snowflake. I have seen this message before. I never knew the cause but it may be a plugin, model, tool or asset in your studio that makes this message appear. Do not interact with this pop up because it may be a virus or may be telling you to let a virus in. Hope this helps.

1 Like