Is this age restriction script allowed on Roblox?

Games that get locked are people that has been confirmed being the botter

(or related to the botting)

you generally won’t get banned at all since the staff is well aware they can bot any games,

it’s pretty much a indirect attack, just like if someone will say you scammed on Twitter when you never did a deal with the person accusing, people will be questionning and just look out for clues/proof

no clue why roblox wouldn’t allow this

I have seen this being used recently. From what I’ve heard, it does help a bit with trolling in cafes, restaurants, etc, but I’m not sure about bots. Some bots have accounts over 7 days old, so the script wouldn’t do much for them.

It can help combat exploiters from creating alts in a minute since they need to wait a week until they can join.

1 Like

Even though guests are gone, it is still a form of discrimination. Instead make a anti-virus and anti-malware, bots are most likely made by exploits as they all look the same - take for example scambots, all scam games most likely have them, but when you look at the player count you will easily notice you are the only player…

How is it discrimination? A lot of games use an age-lock to keep new players from joining (a game i play regularly uses it!), keeping exploiters out. I don’t get how an anti-virus or an anti-malware will do the trick (why’d he keep away viruses…?), as it seems like an unnecessary feature.

Literally you are discriminating against people purely based off their account age.

@RegularRival Such a method of exploit and/or bot protection is really pointless and damaging to your game’s reputation. As others have mentioned, not all bots are new accounts. You are barring legitimate players from entering your game and doing nothing to solve the botting problem.

You won’t get banned for anything players do in your game unless your game blatantly breaks TOS.

Also just because one person says “This is definitely allowed!!” doesn’t mean it is. In fact, Roblox has said in the past that banning someone purely based on account age is not allowed for reasons that ultimately still apply today. One person’s empty words are not a good enough reason to assume you are in the right, especially when it comes to moderation issues.

If you think it is wrong, it probably is wrong.

This is a professional forum meant only for Roblox developers. Roblox games are meant to be available to all players.

No it isn’t. There is a reason bots run around rampant on Roblox, and it’s because Roblox doesn’t do “what you can” to reduce spam. It is absolutely horrible user experience to bar people based off account age, throw Capchas around, etc.

It is terrible to tell someone it is okay to discriminate against specific users because of “bots.” It isn’t, and it isn’t a solution to the problem.

It might make sense to restrict access to systems like chat (with non-friends), or in-game trading, but I wouldn’t recommend preventing a new person from playing completely.

Every single user on Roblox had a first game that they played, and a system like that guarantees yours will never be that game.

1 Like

Can you send me the link of this script model? I need it so i prevent exploiters, i also want to make my game more safe.

Anyone have a idea to make my gamer more safe?

I wouldn’t use this, this pushes away a lot of good players just for the bad ones. If you really want to secure your game, refer to this article.

1 Like

To be honest, account age restrictions have been done for a long time, it’s not
discriminatory, it’s part of some basic measures you can take to stop alts, currently it is not possible nor is it allowed to collect data to stop alts, and there is no current “Ban” function that can ban alts as well, it’s perfectly reasonable and you are allowed to do this in your games, in alot of cases it’s been recommended over years if you didn’t want to do other alt measures like forcing people to pay for your game to gain access, its no excuse to not secure your game, but it is not a bad option either to compliment your other systems, but if you’re only relying on account age then the developer is not thinking about the bigger picture I will admit, the only issue you have to worry about is it limiting your player intake, but if you know you’re game probably shouldn’t be played on day 1 of installing roblox then there is no real issue.

Can you link the official statement because I’ve been looking for it. As far as I remember, everyone has been saying it’s a “grey area” because it could be seen as discrimination.

Discrimination is usually when you’re not allowing a group of people to do something because of something they cannot change and that thing usually has to be something more serious than an account creation date.

Now just because it isn’t discrimination doesn’t mean Roblox approves of these scripts. I believe Roblox had an issue with Anti-Guest scripts back when guests were still a thing, so it’s better that OP creates a script that filters out scam bots.

Personally my favorite way to counter scam bots is locally hiding and disabling chat as well as a serverside check that doesn’t allow messages to go through until the 30 seconds is up.

Adding an age restriction might help reduce alt amount a little but can cause more harm than good. First of all, majority of bots/player-made alts are already over 7 days old, it’s not like you create a new one for every game. Also, kicking new players is not a good idea either. You tell your friend about roblox and tell him to create an account, then you invite him to your favorite game and he just gets kicked.

Also, there are many other ways to stop alts/bots. Bots can be stopped completely with a good use of places and TeleportService or by making a custom chat system. Alts can also be limited by putting an unskippable tutorial, although this can be a bit annoying to some players. In my personal opinion, to stop abusers in game, you need a good moderator team as well as a report system. Anti-cheats can block exploiters but not all of them.

1 Like

You should just disable their chat.

Chat disabling is done fully client-side so it won’t help unless your game doesn’t use the default chat system

You can delete it when they load in.

You can only disable the core chat via localscript and exploiters can disable local scripts

May you post the script, I have been looking for it for a while!