Is this build acceptable?

I think a dead fox slung over a shoulder should be okay, considering Roblox has accessories made of dogs in the catalog

3 Likes

For the dead fox, there definitely shouldn’t be a problem, as it says Intense violence. As for blood and guts spilling out, that probably is not allowed because that would violate the category of intense violence and/or blood/gore.

2 Likes

A little bit late to the conversation here but I believe The Northern Frontier makes moderate use of animal pelts in its survival-style environment. I suspect that would be totally fine. I mean Broken Bones is all about fracturing and breaking your body. As long as it isn’t graphic, involving gore or whatnot, I imagine it should be fine.

3 Likes

Honestly, I think it’s fine unless there is exposed flesh or blood.

2 Likes

Its alright just make a censored version of it for XBOX and make a gore one for the PC/Mobile version.

2 Likes

I am pretty sure blood and gore is allowed on ROBLOX but it is against the rules if you want to make your game XBOX compatible meanwhile it contains blood and gore. I am sure that Phantom Forces is not XBOX compatible.

1 Like

Phantom Forces is available on Xbox. Blood and gore, however, aren’t shown (as far as I know).

2 Likes

I thought Phantom Forces wasn’t available on Xbox? Anyway you are right blood and gore isn’t shown just watched a clip.

2 Likes

People ofter talks about the graphism, but i believe the very real issue is the “idea” behind the acts,

Let me clarify in a very simple way : Roblox has banned “or” Reviewed for the following :

• Cannibalism (Ro-Ghouls) for their “detailed” eat animation & appearances
  • Disturbing Actions (Ro-Bio) for their very realistic and horrible situation representing illegal acts

Ro Ghouls was just being told to change their way of doings since you could eat humans or ghouls as “Ghouls”, it may have disturbed a few young players since they are technically not zombie, but owns a human appearance, which may lead to very confusing thoughts “omg a human ate another human !!”, i believe you can still eat humans nowadays but it has been very simplified.

Ro-Bio is a banned game, RIP since i liked it alot, i believe that this was a very worrisome game since this game had a concept that was very cruel, You are a scientists and research “negative effects” products via testing it on Innocent (could i say captured?) humans from the world.

It wasn’t all about it, the whole atmosphere and ambient (BGM & Colors) as well the patient’s SFX and Chats from the humanoid made it results into something very realistic and sad, To the point you’d feel guilty to a extend, the NPC discussions is all about revenge or them asking for mercy, but they all dies whenever you use them as a Test or change patients.

To answer it overall, i’m most likely 100% confident that your current content will be approved, and will most probably not be considered as Gore or Bloody mainly because it’s a act of survival, roasting animals you hunted to prepare yourself a meal is nothing more than natural and is common knowledge to everyone.

6 Likes

It looks really good not going to lie, are you attempting to make that a statue? Or just like an avatar ( custom avatar ) a player can get? If so, this doesn’t seem like it is against ToS at all, considering games like Phantom Forces have blood and MUCH more violence than that. I’d say keep on going on that, it looks really good!

2 Likes

I think the guidelines in general for Xbox Availability need to be re-established, they do seem a bit vague and often lead many like you and myself confused about what it exactly entails.

4 Likes

You have a point, maybe he should make a GUI where the player can enable ‘Child Mode’ causing parts to be deleted ( parts that seem inappropriate ). This can be done by having a folder of those parts grouped , and if Child mode is enabled it deletes the model as a whole, causing the whole thing to delete ( of course making it a local script ). I will be posting an example of this code in a few minutes when I am done testing it.

--Child Mode enabler 
function Clicked()
game.Workspace.ChildModeValue.Value = true
end
script.Parent.MouseButton1Down:connect(Clicked) 
--Child mode checker
function Clicked()
	if game.Workspace.ChildModeValue.Value == false then 
		print ('Child mode disabled..')
	   script.Parent.Text = "Child Mode is : off"
	else 
		game.Workspace.ChildMode.Parts:Destroy()
		print('Child protected.')
	end
	end
script.Parent.MouseButton1Down:connect(Clicked) 

Requirements;

1. You must have a folder with the child mode items grouped named ‘Parts’ ( or anything you can change it to but then it must be modded in the script ) , name the folder “ChildMode”.

2. A GUI, with a button for child mode check and a child mode toggle.

3. A BoolValue in Workspace named ChildModeValue

End Result for UI;

End Result for game;

This is simple coding, but this just shows how easy it is to take precautions to have a game to be approved for Xbox ToS? Anyways if you find this useful then use it. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’d be amazing, and a nice professional step up.

2 Likes

They are vague on purpose. Use your common sense and don’t intentionally look for the borderline.

No, this does not give you a free pass to circumvent any guidelines. If the gore/blood/etc can be toggled by a button it is still in your game and your game would still be against ToS if it’s on Xbox. Do not do this.

3 Likes

Alrighty, was just seeing if this “Child Mode” feature could be useful. But my point is it doesn’t only have to be used for Xbox , also can be used for PC and or Phone users, like in Phantom Forces, they have a feature to turn off blood.

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s actually an enemy you can fight, certain monsters have “migration” patterns, this one happens to hunt foxes. Anyways, I’d rather keep things as tidy as I can, and fun for all ages instead of making a child friendly mode, but thank you for your time to respond! The game doesn’t need intense blood/gore, just something to give enemies more of a frightful appearance, indicating their toughness. A child friendly mode wouldn’t be that great of an idea as explain by @buildthomas , if anything detect if they’re on Xbox.

The safest bet is to stick to the rules all in all, being a new developer and working with a team of new developers, we were just unsure. I believe my question for this topic has been answered but I wouldn’t doubt that one of us will come up with another valid questionable build.

I think it’s fine considering some other games are more…graphic in terms of blood splatter…

My general rule of thumb is that if you have to ask if something is ok, it’s probably not.

didnt mean to reply to you build. Meant to reply to OP

It seems alright enough, just don’t add content like exposed blood and I think you’ll be fine.