Is this build acceptable?

--Child Mode enabler 
function Clicked()
game.Workspace.ChildModeValue.Value = true
end
script.Parent.MouseButton1Down:connect(Clicked) 
--Child mode checker
function Clicked()
	if game.Workspace.ChildModeValue.Value == false then 
		print ('Child mode disabled..')
	   script.Parent.Text = "Child Mode is : off"
	else 
		game.Workspace.ChildMode.Parts:Destroy()
		print('Child protected.')
	end
	end
script.Parent.MouseButton1Down:connect(Clicked) 

Requirements;

1. You must have a folder with the child mode items grouped named ‘Parts’ ( or anything you can change it to but then it must be modded in the script ) , name the folder “ChildMode”.

2. A GUI, with a button for child mode check and a child mode toggle.

3. A BoolValue in Workspace named ChildModeValue

End Result for UI;

End Result for game;

This is simple coding, but this just shows how easy it is to take precautions to have a game to be approved for Xbox ToS? Anyways if you find this useful then use it. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’d be amazing, and a nice professional step up.

2 Likes

They are vague on purpose. Use your common sense and don’t intentionally look for the borderline.

No, this does not give you a free pass to circumvent any guidelines. If the gore/blood/etc can be toggled by a button it is still in your game and your game would still be against ToS if it’s on Xbox. Do not do this.

3 Likes

Alrighty, was just seeing if this “Child Mode” feature could be useful. But my point is it doesn’t only have to be used for Xbox , also can be used for PC and or Phone users, like in Phantom Forces, they have a feature to turn off blood.

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s actually an enemy you can fight, certain monsters have “migration” patterns, this one happens to hunt foxes. Anyways, I’d rather keep things as tidy as I can, and fun for all ages instead of making a child friendly mode, but thank you for your time to respond! The game doesn’t need intense blood/gore, just something to give enemies more of a frightful appearance, indicating their toughness. A child friendly mode wouldn’t be that great of an idea as explain by @buildthomas , if anything detect if they’re on Xbox.

The safest bet is to stick to the rules all in all, being a new developer and working with a team of new developers, we were just unsure. I believe my question for this topic has been answered but I wouldn’t doubt that one of us will come up with another valid questionable build.

I think it’s fine considering some other games are more…graphic in terms of blood splatter…

My general rule of thumb is that if you have to ask if something is ok, it’s probably not.

didnt mean to reply to you build. Meant to reply to OP

It seems alright enough, just don’t add content like exposed blood and I think you’ll be fine.