Is this game icon really that bad? (game only got 0.012% sponsoring CTR)

Hey, I sponsored my game using 300 robux just to test out my icon, so far these are the results (it’ll stop running in 2 hours):

Is this game icon really that bad? In the past I’m pretty sure I got at least 0.3% CTR for game icons that are in my opinion worse than this one.

This is the game icon:

2 Likes

I suggest making the character and the noob head a separate image and put an outline and make it larger so people can see it, blur the background and make the logo a lot bigger because no one would be able to read it when it’s in the website.

2 Likes

I’m not the one that made the icon and don’t know much about graphic design so I can’t really do that :/. Still, I’ve had icons that are a lot worse in my opinion get a much higher CTR so I’m not sure why this one is so low.

1 Like

The icon doesn’t show much about the game, It’s pretty small so the only thing you see is a guy standing.

3 Likes

Well then it’s because Roblox removed ads for <13 users, practically no one above 13 clicks on ads, they just ignore it or install extensions to remove it.

2 Likes

It’s hard to tell what the issue is because it could be multiple things:

• age (can’t do >13 anymore, you didn’t click the 17+ either. Can’t you click both 13-16 and 17+?)
  • timing (when’s the best time to advertise? Weekday v.s. weekend, or day specifically.)
  • money spent (you spent 300 which isn’t that much in terms of what I’ve seen/heard. 5,000 or 10,000 is what I’ve heard is what you need for it to be effective apparently.)

The icon itself doesn’t tell me much about the game. From the title I get that it’s about noobs, and I see one noob head on the ground in the icon, but I really cannot tell what type of game I’d be getting myself into.

There are other things that might be helpful like color theory, a boarder, vignette, etc.

This might be helpful, but the issue might not even be related to graphic design: Empowering Discovery Through Graphic Design | by 0Skyz | Developer Baseplate | Medium

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I decided to just scrap that icon and replace it with this:

WoN icon 2

Do you think this is any better?

It still doesn’t really show what the game’s about, but it does show the game map in the background and the logo is big enough to read. It’s hard to really show what the game’s about in the icon since the icon is pretty small.

2 Likes

The thing is it’s a sponsored game, not an advertisement. I don’t think those get blocked by adblockers or anything.

The icon feels empty and doesn’t really involve the spectator. Your game is named “World of noobs” yet the main character in the icon is not a noob.

1 Like

Yep, I think this icon might do better for the audience your going for. Although, I think it might be a good idea to try different types of advertising/marketing. You could maybe make a trailer on YouTube, put something on Twitter or TikTok.

Also, yeah, I was confused about that for a sec. Here’s Roblox doc. page on that btw:

might be helpful idk, lol.

In that case, it might be a good idea to advertise too. See which does better maybe.

1 Like

It’s definitely better, but the background should be more blurred, the icon be put to the side a little and put the character on the bottom right with an outline. Also I suggest using a sunburst in the background too.

1 Like

I would make the foreground image even bigger!
In my opinion the background is there just to fill an otherwise empty void. It shouldn’t be distracting to what you want to show in the foreground.

Other than that the ‘[PRE-ALPHA]’ in the title may be putting some users off. But I’m not to sure of that.

There is also some luck involved in advertising your game. So next time you might get luckier.

I would try running the sponsor again with the new icon and the same amount of robux. To see if that improves anything.
(Definitely keep us updated :wink:)

1 Like

My solution is to just pretend like you’re a player and say to your self: “Would I click on this?”

2 Likes

I sponored it with the new icon, its CTR was 0.024% this time but that’s still not great :frowning:. I wonder if people might not be clicking on it because it doesn’t have any players, maybe people are more likely to click on a game that has people playing it.

Which icon do you think is better?
WoN icon 2

WoN icon 3

• First
  • Second

0 voters

What is the game World of Noobs about?

The second is way better as the logo is much bigger and grabs the viewer’s attention more.

1 Like

You can play the game How can I improve my game? (Average visit time is pretty low) - Help and Feedback / Creations Feedback - DevForum | Roblox It’s about having your pet noob and growing it by feeding it rocks