Issue when publishing model to Roblox, Please help

I’m a beginner at modeling and development in Roblox and just everything in general, and I am having an issue when I publish my model to Roblox.

When I click “Save to Roblox…” and upload my object to Roblox it uploads it fine. But the issue is when I put said model in-game. It ends up being different than what I saved. I will put a picture so you can see what I mean.

As you can see the Statue is significantly smaller while the base stays the same size as well as the Wreath Laurel and Crown Laurel are not in the right places on the head.

If someone could help me figure out how to fix this issue I would be very grateful.

Also if someone could help me figure out how to add a Material to the head and Accessories that would be great too, but it’s not as important.

Thanks,

Image from Gyazo

2 Likes

Hi MattsieSalvatore! Unfortunately I don’t know how to fix the sizing issue but it probably has to do with the humanoid. I’m going to take a guess and say that you have to change the values of OriginalSize in the body parts but that is just a guess and as I am on mobile I can’t test it.(Sorry!)

As for the textures on the hats and head, you can get the texture you need from here and then put the texture in the mesh’s TextureId property and it should work perfectly.

I hope I was able to help! Talk to you later.

2 Likes

Thanks so much. You were right. I did have to change the values of OriginalSize, and now its working. Also thanks for the Textures too. Great Help.

2 Likes

@BCbuds Actually I still can’t Apply the Texture to the head. When I put it under the TextureId property it turn the special mesh into a block so it is no longer shaped like a head. Any ideas on how to get around that?

2 Likes

I exported the head as a .obj. I inserted a Mesh Part and then set the MeshId to the head file. Changed the color and material of the Mesh Part and it works fine. Just be sure to copy the size and the position of the head in the model before you delete/move it. This should work great since it is a statue.

Player Head.obj (68.8 KB)

I’m happy to help. Good luck with your build!

1 Like

Here’s a picture of it. The materials are different but it works the same.

1 Like