Issue with API (only in-game) with HTTP requests resulting in "NetFail"

Updated the post now for some context :slight_smile:

I’m using postman which is an external website to check if my api is functional, and it is fetching data successfully, but I’m wanting to get the data from Roblox via http service.

Are there any errors or warnings?

I only get “HttpError: NetFail”, so I’m not really sure what else to try.

I’m also seeing this error with my game.

1 Like

If this is happening across many games, this could be a temporary service disruption. Other than that, check to make sure you allowed HTTP requests in game settings.

1 Like

Yeah possibly, however wouldn’t other requests which are successful (not using my api) show the same error if this were the case?

Probably they would. What API are you using?

I’m using a custom API I built with express (with node js). I have a feeling it doesnt work in roblox games because of some security update - however I’ve updated the tls version and port so not sure what else to try. It works in studio perfectly fine (with http requests enabled)

Hi, is this issue still ongoing?

For me, yes.

I’m unsure if this is related, but the sample code for POST requests from the HttpService documentation page also works fine in Studio but throws a 403 Forbidden error when run in play mode.

Thanks

I’m facing the same issue at the moment.

Thanks for confirming! We are looking into this now.

If you are seeing this issue, when did this problem start occurring?

If you have logs when this failure happens would you mind privately sending me your log file?

Please see here for instructions on how to find your log files: How to post a Bug Report - #12 by Roblox

Hey there, same problem for me. I have my own API and it works only in some servers (and when it works, only for a short period of time). We only get HttpError:NetFail, which means that the request doesn’t even get processed.

1 Like

this is exactly what’s happening:

Captura de pantalla 2023-07-26 224542

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

After investigating it appears that HTTPS requests on ports other than 443 will fail in some situations. We recommend using only port 443 for HTTPS requests for now. We will update if/when this restriction has been eliminated.

2 Likes

Thank you, sorry about not responding quicker to your previous replies! After changing the port to the one you specified it is now fully functional. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.