Issue With Gambling On Roblox

For a game I am creating I was thinking of adding a hammer bell jackpot game, where the player hits the hammer on the bell and if they have they have enough strength to hit the bell then they win the jackpot.

Obviously the amount of strength needed is random so the players might need to take a bit of a gamble, the currency used to participate in the game is only in-game and can be obtained through in-game activities. I’m not sure if it would be considered as promoting child gambling and get me banned. There are other games out there that do the same like opening random backs or crates.

So I just wanted everyone opinions on gambling on Roblox just to set things straight and to help out me and others who have similar ideas.

As far as I’m aware, as long as you aren’t gambling with real money, which you aren’t, it’s fine.

I’d make sure they can’t gamble infinitely (maybe like a daily reward thing), and that it isn’t explicitly gambling.

There’s also some other DevForum posts on people’s opinions on gambling, I suggest you give 'em a read.

4 Likes

This should be fine as long as you don’t make your in game currency bought through robux. If you do, you’re probably gonna have to implement a % shown (your chances to win is X%) as crates do.
hope this helped

2 Likes

Its mostly got to do with how much strength the player has if they have a lot they will be more likely to win there already a set range of random limits for strength needed to win. I will add percentages to make it clear of chances.

Okay I will check some out and I will add the feature on a limited about of plays so gambling isn’t infinite.

1 Like

This question has been asked before, please give a search before posting.

I cover both gambling and loot boxes in this discussion.

2 Likes