Issue with my homestore

Hello, i am a clothing designer and builder and I have built my own personal homestore, However I don’t know much if not AT ALL about scripting.

I am seeking help with this issue: one of my friend joined my homestore and as soon as she or anyone else would join the game, including me, it would directly teleport to another game that is not mine and a ‘RP’ game instead called “Boys and Girls Dance Club” . I made it private for now until the issue is fixed.

I do not know much at all but I guessed this was maybe coming from scripts and I tried the "ctrl + shift + f’ on an open script to try and find this whicked script, that I sadly still cannot find and once I open ‘output’ this is what appear: image

and when i put my cursor on it: image

Im almost entirely sure this is the problem, especially with the ‘dummy’ part, however I do not know how to ‘remove’ it but as I said, I do not know much so if anyone could tell me with what it is, that would be highly appreciated and if there is a way to prevent this from happening again. I also checked the other topics but I couldnt find any that’d be similar to my problem.

Please help me,

Thank you very much.

StarsIights.

2 Likes

Well, it might be from a plugin?

2 Likes

I just did check my plugins and the only ones I have are f3x and load character lite, that I disabled, saved in studio and rejoined but it would still happen.

1 Like

I’m curious as to what the Stack Trace (the blue text after the red text) says. Maybe it can tell you where it is coming from.

1 Like

Send us pictures of the Stack Trace, so we can maybe see where this coming from

1 Like

The error you have shown isn’t related to what’s happening. Most likely, you used a free model from the toolbox and it had a virus in it. Try searching all scripts in your game for “teleport.”

Also, free models usually contain stuff like this. Some of them do worse things than just steal your players, so you should refrain from using them.

2 Likes

You used a freemodel. I never EVER reccomnend using freemodels, even for new developers. Freemodels are bad all around and shouldn’t be used.

1 Like

I disagree. Some free models can be useful for some developers wanting to learn how it’s made. There had been a big discussion about them here:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/the-stigma-around-using-free-models/528796

The only times I have ever used freemodels in my 6 year development career was as a joke. I made a research facility out of them, and an FPS game out of them. Keep in mind, this goes back to when I was in elementary.

2 Likes

Is that it? image

Yep. That’s what I wanted to see.

Interesting what it’s trying to do. Go find that MainModule somewhere in that Model and look at Line 20. (Do it while playing solo)

If you still can’t find it. go to View, then Find Results, click the binoculars icon at the pane, then on the text field, put in require( this will cycle through all scripts that require some sort of ModuleScript.

3 Likes

I know the issue, it happened with my homestore before. You used a free model, so what I did was search in the workspace for “Weld” and delete all the things that say weld. Save, and you should be good to go. Be sure to delete all of them.

1 Like

Wouldn’t this also delete the mannequins?

Just delete the weld scripts, that may be the problem.

I think I found it and removed it as well as almost all free models I used to have, my homestore is now back to normal. Thanks for you answers and help!

1 Like

How? I have the same problem with my game.

Look into the scripts of most of the free models you used in your game and delete them/delete the entire models if they seem sketchy enough (most of the sketchy ones would have weird names somehow such as this: image