Issue with Pathfinding service/nav mesh

I’ve been trying to use PathfindingService on smaller avatars with some success. For some reason, the pathfinding does not work on objects that are 1 studs high and lower (I believe it can get up to 1.25 studs before the navmesh changes Edit: EXACTLY 1 stud is where the navmesh changes). Can someone confirm if this is a bug or is it working as intended? If it is working as intended, is there a way to update the navmesh to calculate jumping for smaller avatars? This is preventing the small avatar from jumping onto the 1 stud high objects.

Can’t really say having that issue, But does the pathfinder potentially go on the ramp/ Block? Also I recommend SimplePath for you to save coding time. SimplePath - Pathfinding Module
Back on the topic, I believe the Pathfinder should still be able to pathfind, But I don’t think we can fix that issue.

But you can try adding pathfinding modifiers on the block, Informations are here. PathfindingModifier | Roblox Creator Documentation Once you know how to do it, Consider going to the PathFinding Modifiers properties then set PassThrough to “Yes” Or Check. Sorry if I couldn’t help,

1 Like

Pathfinding modifiers do work but it’s kind of a pain to work with. I just wanted to know if the default roblox pathfinding service could navigate properly and if I was doing anything wrong. It would still be nice to be able to change the navmesh to correlate with the map better…

Not sure if this will bug everything out, But try placing a part on the entire map then turn off cancollide and make it transparent, then add pathfinding modifiers, add a label, then make cost at the script and then put the label you named then make it -math.huge, It’s basically more optimized (I’m gonna try it out, I just thought of this)

1 Like

Haha true, I’m also having trouble with pathfinding nav mesh.

1 Like

I found out that you would need some sort of custom jump if there is a part at a specific height. Something like raycasting 0.1 studs in front of the player and one looking down to determine if it cant use the navmesh jump. Something like the image below.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.