Issues with CFrame:lookat()

I’m going to try using a bodygyro and see how that works.

1 Like

I suppose the next best option is a RemoteEvent, I was worried about network usage but Firing a Remote Event rapidly? - #19 by Avigant this thread seems to have people mostly saying it shouldn’t be an issue. not sure what else to try from here without exhausting the network.

1 Like

what happens if you try renderstepped instead of heartbeat

1 Like

You can’t use renderstepped in a server script. Either way, I fixed this by using a body gyro.

1 Like

Alright nice, I have a question though why are you doing this in a server script?

1 Like

The player rotation changing is a core element of the game. I would do it on the client, but I don’t see a reason to. Exploiters could easily change the code in the localscript and gain a huge advantage.

1 Like

Couldn’t exploits just override that though, because the client has full control over their Character? Like just put a local script in your game that makes your character face your mouse hit each render step for example it will override your server code. Or what if you turn on AutoRotate locally wouldn’t that override it too? (I’m assuming u turn AutoRotate off so the Characters cant rotate using shiftlock)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.