Issues with Importing Assets from Blender

Hello, I’m encountering an issue with importing assets from Blender. My project involves a large map containing over 200 instances of identical models (linked objects data). However, during import, each model is assigned a unique mesh ID, which is not ideal for optimization purposes. I attempted to manually set the mesh ID, but this approach presents challenges, especially since the objects sometimes vary in orientation and scale. When I adjust the models, they tend to crash. I’ve been grappling with this issue for quite some time and am seeking a solution. I came across a discussion on a similar problem from two years ago, but unfortunately, there was no resolution provided. Could someone please offer guidance or a solution to this issue?

How to reuse mesh IDs from imported objects?

"My game’s map is fully laid out in a Blender scene. This map reuses many of the same meshes (such as crates).

To cut down on loading times, I want these identical objects to have the same mesh ID within Roblox. That way, Roblox only has to load the geometry of these identical parts once. (For example, I could have ten crates in my scene. If they all have the same mesh ID, Roblox would only need to load the geometry for one crate and then duplicate it nine times. )

When saving all of the meshes individually and bulk importing them into my game, however, the identical meshes all have different mesh IDs.

I could just import a singular mesh and duplicate it however many times it’s used in the scene. However, this would involve me having to move/rotate each individual asset to its exact location within the Blender scene. Is there a way to import meshes from my Blender scene into Roblox and have the identical meshes all share the same mesh ID?"

5 Likes

#help-and-feedback:art-design-support #import
def not suitable for this category, might get flagged.

1 Like

I’m not sure about importing them how you want but… You can import it without all the models with linked instances and use the brush tool plugin to scatter them about like they used to be.

It might be a bit tedious but it should be less tedious than changing the mesh ID for all of the trees

you can also make clusters of assets that randomize so you can have your different color trees scattered about easier