It says I have to "grant access to the destination Experience" to use assets?

Hello everyone, so I am utterly new to the whole audio change policy and when I tried to publish my game it came up with this response that I must “grant access to the destination Experience” to use audio assets. Does this mean that I have to allow the creators of the audio access to my game which they can then edit on studio, etc. or what does “granting access” in this case mean? Thanks guys.

In this case, “granting access” means adding the universe ID to each asset’s list of experiences with access.

You could do this manually or let Roblox Studio attempt to do it for you. This could fail for assets you can’t manage, such as assets owned by someone else.

Conveniently, all of this is already documented on DevHub.

2 Likes

Thanks, so if I click “grant permission” for all of them I should be OK? What happens if I do that?

EDIT: None of these are actually my assets, I just found them

When you grant permission, Roblox Studio will attempt to give your experience access to all affected assets. In your case, pretty much all of them should fail because you didn’t create them.

So basically if I click “grant permission” it will only allow me access if the asset is made “universal”? How do I grant access to them manually so in the future I can do that with my own stuff- is there an audio page? Thanks for the help so far.

It can only grant access for assets you created.
For all assets you can manage, you should see a Configure button. In the case of audio assets, this will open the “Configure Audio” page. On that page, you can rename the asset, add a description, enable/disable comments, archive the asset, and in the special case of audio assets, manage the list of experiences with access to that asset. Keep in mind that universe IDs are not place IDs. In the future, you should be able to allow all experiences to use your audio assets.
one dot + dot + dot + many dots

Oh, so the Universal ID is just for a place that you want to grant access to right? Without the Universal ID it will be private? Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Also the audio in the marketplace atm is available for all experiences right?

Unless you add universe IDs to that list, the asset will be private, meaning only the creator can use it. Once the “All Experiences” option is enabled, you’ll be able to allow all experiences to use it. Distributing assets on the marketplace allows other users to add these assets to their inventory.

If you can play someone else’s audio in your browser, you should be able to use it in your experiences.

So I can use any asset from the marketplace right, I just put it in my inventory and just use it normally in game? Or how do I grant access for marketplace audio that I can use in my game? Thanks.

If you can play it, you can use it. If not, you probably can't. If it's music, you probably can't. Sound effects should(?) be fine.

Ah alright, I see. So do you think I should click “grant permission” for my game and just see what happens because some of these are from the marketplace

__   _______ ____   
\ \ / / ____/ ___|  
 \ V /|  _| \___ \  
  | | | |___ ___) | 
  |_| |_____|____(_)
It'll do absolutely nothing at worst, and grant access at best.
4 Likes

Thanks, i’ll do that. It’s kinda scary when you see a message that says “give access to destination” about random people who only contributed an audio to your game so thanks for all the help.

1 Like