Joshua's ultimate building handbook

Hey, developers!

This is an ultimate handbook for building. Building can be difficult once you start but, is actually quite easy! All you need is to think of what you want to make, why you want to make it, who would like your creation, the category your creation falls under for example, racing, flying, roleplaying, action, weapon e.t.c. Now, into the juicy stuff!

1. Why am I making the model?

You need to think of a reason to why you are building such creation. Is it part of a project? A game? Or just something that people can use? For instance, if someone can’t make a house, or create a car, they can take your model and use it by enabling “Allow copying” This setting can allow people to use your model. If it is an asset for you and your team to use, don’t check this box. You can also share your creation across multiple platforms like Roblox™ Facebook™ Twitter™ Instagram™ Roblox Developer Forum™ Kik.™ and more other social medias like Discord™!

1. Who would get my model?

You need an audience for your build. Whether if people interested in castle royale games or FPS games or Racing games, Action games, Comedy games, Roleplays or other genres. For example, if someone wanted to make a city and needed a drawbridge, they could use your model and successfully make their game using it! You may even get a thank you from who ever used the model?

Beep! Boop! Mr. Build robot is here to deliver a special picture!

Here is one of my builds!

That is one example of one of my builds using this guide!

Oh, here is another one!

1. How do I utilize this model, I can’t seem to find a way to use it.

Easy! Just make a game showcasing some of your models or even sell them in the library! Now, because of your model, you will get less moaning people on Roblox because they simply can’t build a specific object.

1. How do I go about planning my models? I don’t know what to build!

Mr. Build robot will help me with this one!

Mr. Build robot: Hello there, humans! The human creating this book has told you a little bit about me. Now, let’s get into this! :robot:

First, you draw a plan on that old age piece of white, flat canvas with that wooden pencil thing. I am a robot, not as intelligent as humans! :slight_smile: Draw some ideas for the design, then, write down some answers to questions other humans might have about the model(s).

Then, try replicating the build in your space age computer programy stuff like Blender or Roblox Studio. Try adding more and more to the model as you go. Well, I don’t know what you humans do in your free times. If you do not draw and you are attached to your computery stuff, try drawing it in a drawing program, save the image in any viewable file format, for example .PNG or .JPEG. Bring the image up onto the screen with a notepad program and copy and paste away! Wait! You can’t do that! You are not a robot! You are humans! Just copy it into Studio and add from there!

Joshua: Thanks Mr. Build robot! Now, continue with me as your tutor.

1. I want to socialize with other builders to learn!

If that is how you learn, it is 100% fine. Everyone has a different way of learning! I learn from audio and pictures, whilst you might want to learn from actually doing things and experimenting! I can’t force you to learn a different way! Socializing with other builders can really help, rather than relying on social medias!

1. How about YouTube tutorials from people like @Alvin_Blox or @Roblox?

That would be a major yes. If that is how you choose to learn, then go do so! No constraints! you didnt get my joke didnt you lol

1. I want to learn by getting ideas from other Roblox games.

That is also an option for learning. Other creators can also give you inspiration to spark your imagination! Such as @alexnewtron’s Meep City or @Simbuilder’s Vehicle Simulator! Both being great games so please play them. Just take a peek inside any game you want and look at the structure of the model you desire, jot things down on a notepad so you can copy later. Then paste your ideas from notepad to Studio! Easy!

1. How do I mix colours correctly?

If you need colours that work together, then keep changing the colour of the creation until you find some colours that work for you. If you want to make a modern like creation, try using shades of black, white and gray! If you are going for something more childish, use bright colours! Check the games in the previous step as they both simulate the colour styles! Meep City shows off the childish aspect whilst Vehicle Simulator shows off the modern style. Colours are up to you!

1. I just need to find which materials work together and what materials don’t.

Material is kind of like colour. Just keep selecting materials until you find something that works for your builds. For example, if you want to create a PC, use metal. Doors usually are made of glass or wood.

1. What if I want to use Google: images to build?

That is also an option for building. Sometimes, looking at an image off a web site or Google: images can also help. You will not get a ban for copying things off Google: images, but might get one if you use an image off a web site, so it is safe not to. You better off be safe than sorry! Just Google what you need and crack on!

1. I feel much better about building now!

I am glad this helps! I will add more in the future!

For now, see you later! :wave:

Mr. Build robot: See you later humans!

Both: Happy developing and good luck! :smile:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.