Just got a new 'update' for Roblox Studio, anybody else seeing this?

I just closed and reopened studio and got a new update.

Windows defender instantly detected the new Roblox Studio update as a trojan apparently.

(I run Windows 11 Enterprise Edition)

Screenshot_408

12 Likes

I also got an update. I’ll re-enable Windows defender and edit this post to let you know if I get the same prompt.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s a false positive (like how FPS unlockers were marked as a trojan to many antiviruses)

3 Likes

Yeah I know, but obviously I don’t think Roblox intends on having their software flagged as malware after a new update.

3 Likes

Nope, haven’t got it.
But I think that is may not be a false positive,
as FPS Unlockers a falsely flagged because they kind-of “infiltrate” another program, which is really suspicious.
Roblox Studio doesn’t do any of that.
I think you may have really got malware, but that the attacker changed where it was located so that it looks normal.

I’d recommend deleting Studio & its’ left-over files, then reinstall just to be sure.

2 Likes

Hi! I have this issue as well. Hopefully this gets fixed as soon as possible!! :eyes:

2 Likes

I downloaded an update to studio and didn’t get it, I assume you have something in your computer that is causing this false positive

2 Likes

There are too many people with this error to actually be a problem from the user.
Its a roblox issue.

3 Likes

if it’s a roblox issue then how come I and @GenericsAccount are unable to get this message?

2 Likes

Clearly it’s a Roblox issue that’s only affecting a percentage of its users.

2 Likes

Try updating your computer if there’s any available and try to reinstall Roblox Studio. That might the issue.

2 Likes

Yup also having this issue after Windows 11 updated last night.

2 Likes

its not a virus either way its just a bug on roblox end

2 Likes

Roblox studio detected as trojan same issue

2 Likes

Same issue here… What is going on?

1 Like

Here!

1 Like