Keep getting error when using trying to create a place

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? I want to create a place every time the user clicks a button

2. What is the issue? It keeps saying Forbidden or Internal Server Error even though I have made sure the Use for template box is checked.

1. What solutions have you tried so far? I looked around on the forums and the docs but they all just said make sure the “Allow place to be copied as a template using Create Place API” permission is checked. (Which it is)

Does any one know why this keeps happening?

3 Likes

What code are you using to try and create the place? What sort of script is it?

2 Likes

Server script using :CreatePlaceAsync(

Is the place you are using as the template one that you own?

Yes I made it and have double checked the id over and over

Are either of the places held within a group?
(All these questions are relevant, because I’m trying to find out why it is giving 403)

1 Like

No the place is inside the game so I have 2 places in the same game

Can you please send the actual line of code that you are calling :CreatePlaceAsync() in, including where any variables are defined?

(Also, is there a particular reason you need to create new places? There are usually better ways)

I keep making places because I making it so the player can build inside and will utilize the new Package api which means I can also use it for building on mobile

Are you testing in game or in studio?

Tested in game and studio. In studio it says 403 Forbidden and in game it says 500 Internal Server Error

It won’t ever work in studio.

It’s odd that it is now giving Error 500.

Have you made sure that the setting is enabled that lets the place be used as a template in CreatePlaceAsync?

Yep

Ok for some reason I just republished the place and fixed some errors in it and it now works

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.