Keeping your Game Secure: Part 1, Protecting Remotes

orrrr just put ur entire game in an actor in replicatedfirst and parent it to nil and 99.9% of people will give up instantly

8 Likes

What is the 0.1%?

2 Likes

people that know about the method, remotes wont be visible on their remote spy so they will think the entire game is serversided and even if they do know about it they cant do anything since no executors can find the script or do anything to stop or view it

2 Likes

I want all the details, this sounds interesting

2 Likes

i dont have all the details related to the reason why actors disappear after being parented to nil but the reason remote spys dont work is because actors have their own game metatable and functions so hooks do nothing

2 Likes

This is supplementary to having actual checks. There isn’t really an “or”, if you only do obfuscation methods like messing with actors to get multiple Lua states inevitably your game will be hit hard once a single person figures it out.

OP’s approach is more robust.

5 Likes

Just remember this is just Part 1, I will be going over many more options on how to protect your game in the future. It will get more and more advanced as I go, this is just to get beginner devs interested and educated in the basic concepts of security.

2 Likes

no one will be able to figure it out without a auto execute faster than replicatedfirst doing more things on the client is better than doing stuff on the server, that method is universal + unbypassable (as of now) even synapse couldnt find the actor with v2, v3 could but thats discontinued actors are the way to stop exploiters completely

3 Likes

everything fun and games until getnilinstances and decompile comes in (and because exploits are dead there are barely any mobile exploits with decompile function so ggs you kinda still won and defeated mobile exploiters)

2 Likes

getnilinstances wont show the actor

1 Like

This causes bad inconsistency with script parents for some reason. I think it’s because scripts are special when it comes to actors. I found that the script’s parent is nil randomly when in the resumption cycle of reparenting the actor to nil. This would hurt your game more than exploiters.

This is kind of insensitive. There are so many new scripters starting all the time. They will not know this!

3 Likes

easily can be searched on the dev forum “How to protect your Remotes?” There doesn’t need to be millions of posts about this.

1 Like

This is the first of the series, so unless you actually have something constructive to add don’t comment.

1 Like

Let is be the last of the series as well. There’s too many of these posts regarding this. What’s the point of making another post that’s basically the same information.

It makes no sense!

1 Like

it will still be linked to the actor even if script.Parent is nil + actors were made for performance so idk how it would hurt your game

1 Like

To be honest, after reading all of these “anticheat post”

I can conclude that only the best exploiters can make the best anticheats

2 Likes

It caused random errors only in public servers, so I can’t use that anymore.

1 Like

what errors were they ive never seen one from doing it

1 Like

The script parent is momentarily nil for some scripts that were in the actor, even if that seems impossible.

1 Like

all the scripts in it will have nil parents just put the modules somewhere else or embed them or define them before niling the actor