Knife throw rotation [SOLVED]

lmao sorry i made the same mistake

1 Like

And no the knife still goes backwards :frowning:

1 Like

interesting. can you send a video of what you mean?

2 Likes

robloxapp-20220502-2358428.wmv (989.8 KB)
Here it is

1 Like

i see. i may be a idiot because of that.

knifeClone.CFrame = Character.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame*CFrame.new(0,0,-1)*CFrame.Angles(math.rad(-90),math.rad(0),0) -- teleports to the players rootparts coordinates moves it infront one stud and changes angles accordingly.

but try this.

2 Likes

Nope. It still does the same thing and now it goes a bit sideways.

1 Like

ok try 180

knifeClone.CFrame = Character.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame*CFrame.new(0,0,-1)*CFrame.Angles(math.rad(-90),math.rad(180),0) -- teleports to the players rootparts coordinates moves it infront one stud and changes angles accordingly.
1 Like

It goes either to the right or to the left so I can’t really see if it’s rotated correctly

1 Like

Set the speed to a slow amount.

You might want to set the knife position to the Left Arm or LeftHand try doing this for a R6 character:

knifeClone.CFrame = Player.Character["Left Arm"].CFrame * CFrame.new(0,-1,0)

For R15:

knifeClone.CFrame = Character.LeftHand.CFrame * CFrame.new(0,-1,0)

that would probably cause alot of issues

1 Like

What do you mean? Heres a video:

If you want the knife to look in the direction your character is looking, you simply do this

local Offset = CFrame.new(???)
knife.CFrame = Character.PrimaryPart.CFrame * Offset

If you need to rotate the knife or put it forward a little, change the Offset variable. For example, if you want to put it 3 studs forward and rotate it a little:

local Offset = CFrame.new(0,0,3) * CFrame.Angles(0,math.rad(90), 0)
knife.CFrame = Character.PrimaryPart.CFrame * Offset

are you talking about welds for cosmetic?

No. Its just cframes. Nothing about welds.

ok well the knife is a projectile and needs a consistent direction and wont always come out the same if you set its cframe to the arm

Well just do the cframe on the tool.

ok what im saying is if you make the rotations and position based off where the hand is it wont always be the same because you are relying on the animations to do all the work for you.

Then just in the middle of the animation then do the cframing.

Nope, that still didn’t work. I am really confused now.