Large lag issues when joining game

Hi! I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue for the past month, but to no avail. Currently, I am having an issue where it takes users 45 seconds to 2 minutes just to get past the loading screen. This effects all users from low-end computers to the high-end computers. I have deleted over half of the map, however there is still issues. I have noticed previously that scripts could cause this issue. I looked into viruses and other scripts, but not quite sure what to look for. Could it be the PlayerAdded event?

Is there any scripts that I should be looking for that could possibly be causing this issue?

High volumes of http requests as soon as your player joins the game aswell as loops with short waiting time between each cycle can slow down the loading process.

However,
game:IsLoaded() fires when all initial instances have replicated to the client.

Have you used any free models? Could possibly be a malicious instance spamming script upon the new server start.

There is a (surprisingly) large amount of free models, yes. If it were a script spamming requests, what would you say is the line they would be using? I ask as I am hoping to find this through CTRL+SHIFT+F if possible.

As for loops with short waiting times, we have many. What could I do instead of those loops that could help out? I believe most of these loops are wrapped in a coroutine ( not sure if that helps… )

Then I highly highly suggest you insyall this plugin right now and run it in studio:

Extremely efficient. If you have a lot of free models like you say, this most definitely will help you!

2 Likes

I have looked into trying out that plugin, however unfortunately it simply gives out an error every time I use it after restarting and other attempted solutions. Would you happen to have any other solutions I could use…?

There is another plugin that is not bad at all.
https://www.roblox.com/library/2558696913/Ro-Defender
it will probably help you

When the plugin finishes scanning the game, the plugin will put the viruses in a folder in ServerStorage called “Quarantine” when you remove it the virus goes away. Before deleting the folder also make sure if the plugin did not put something important from the game. False positives happen sometimes.

1 Like

Since today its been bugging but usually it works fine. First time its happened, talk about timing!

1 Like