Launching Age Correction for Users Under 13

GDPR is the best for things like this:

Right to repair, right to privacy, and even right to rectification. This is great!

3 Likes

Amazing update! For years, it has been difficult for a lot of users to change their age, and support wouldn’t help them. I’m very happy this is a feature, but this could’ve been implemented years earlier.

4 Likes

I have mixed feelings about this, on one hand, it is nice people who accidentally sent their account age wrong can correct it now.

But on the other hand, wouldn’t this make under 13 users to change their age on Roblox to over 13 and basically having access to 13+ content and 13+ services like Guilded for example?

Please reconsider this, I feel like a new support ticket system to change their Roblox age if they mistakenly added a wrong one would be a better option.

And for context, you would have to show your ID or anything that can verify that you’re over 13.

4 Likes

Your suggestion would only make things more complicated and make it take more time, have you even read the post? To change the date you HAVE to verify with ID, you can’t change if you don’t ID verify, making it a ticket instead would just add delay, so I guess you just haven’t read it at all.
Also thanks Roblox, been waiting for this for years, I could finally change one of my accounts back to my real birthday date, it took 8 YEARS (my brother changed the date to 2016/1/1 back in 2016) for me to be able to do it, thought I would need to wait 5 more years for that account to be usable again without the annoying age restrictions.

5 Likes

One of the best updates on Roblox as I had an other account with an incorrect date of birth when I was setting it up when younger. :+1:

3 Likes

This is really nice to see. I had to use some hacky console tricks to get my age fixed before because support would only be automated responses. I’m glad nobody else would have to do this and are able to just use ID verification to resolve it.

3 Likes

Oh alright, my apologies about that :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It’s not easy because you need a parent account, and you need an ID verification do make one.

4 Likes

If they can make it so the user has to verify with Discord the possible issue of people using another ID to verify will be completely solved. Discord’s underage systems are more secure than Fort Knox

2 Likes

Why should they force everyone to use Discord?

4 Likes

do you mean guilded? roblox would never use discord because they own guilded and are only interested in promoting that

3 Likes

Good, a thing that should have been here since the very beginning. In any case, this will make the platform a much better and probably more secure place. Very good!

2 Likes

This would’ve been great for me about 5 years ago, but I’m glad this is a feature now.

2 Likes

TIL that children under 5 actually play Roblox.

No, I didn’t read this wrong. If they added it it’s because they do.

3 Likes

They added it so people can’t create accounts that you need to wait 13 years to get 13.

3 Likes
  • Just used this feature. I initially did not trust Roblox with the real birthday when creating my child’s account. Now that my child has several games / creations, I updated to the correct date. I hope I am not setting my kid up for their first data breach, but I know a few companies already have this information and are just as likely to be a target of malicious hackers. *
4 Likes

Hello, I have an account where the ID Verification glitched out, and put the wrong birthday. Will I still be able to change my birthday?
Here’s my main account’s (FauconFR_01) birthday:

And my alt account’s (GenericsAccount) birthday:

Thank you.

3 Likes

Ok but what happens to every already existing account with the age set under 5?
I’m pretty sure their account gets temporarly locked or banned until the account age is no longer 5, but I could be wrong.
Also some people might actualy set it under 5, and also I heared of a scam where when you set your DOB to the current year you get robux. (please don’t actualy set your DOB to the current year, well you can’t actualy so that’s good)

3 Likes

Fortunately I think this only applies to new accounts from here on out.

4 Likes

Really happy about this. Have an account with the incorrect birthday and support didn’t help, so this is brilliant. :grinning:

4 Likes