Layered clothing order no longer works

Currently, as of 4/24/23, the feature in the avatar editor that allows you to re-order layered clothing does not work correctly. Instead of keeping layered clothing in the order you specify, it sets all clothing to have an order of 1 on the WrapLayer instances inside the clothing.

To reproduce:

1. Equip a t-shirt on your avatar
  2. Equip pants on your avatar
  3. Make the t-shirt higher than your pants in the clothing order section, so that it is not tucked-in
  4. Join any game or an empty baseplate
  5. If your layered clothing is in the correct order, reset your avatar until it isn’t
  6. Observe that the pants are higher than the shirt, even though you made the shirt higher in the avatar editor
  7. Observe that ALL clothing has an order of 1 in the WrapLayer instances

Layered clothing when it loads with correct order:

Layered clothing when it loads in the incorrect order. Observe that all clothing has an order of 1:

Expected behavior

It is expected that layered clothing order would be set & respected by the avatar editor. Instead, it makes all clothing have the same order, which makes the clothing layer in a random order, resulting in odd visuals (like jackets tucked into pants, or shoes expanding around pant cuffs)

Page URL: https://www.roblox.com/my/avatar

2 Likes

Hello and thank you for the report. The issue should now be resolved. Please let us know if you see additional problems.

2 Likes

Tried reproducing the issue and I can’t anymore, it seems to be resolved. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This bug is happening again, though not as often as it was before.

Thank you for reaching out, we will investigate the issue. If you have specific repro, at some point, please let us know

The issue doesn’t seem to be happening anymore, but here’s a simple repro place:

LC properties bug repro.rbxl (39.0 KB)

This spawns my character 100 times and prints out how many times LC properties failed to be set on a character. Whenever this issue is active, there’s a (seemingly random) chance that the Order/Puffiness properties won’t be set and will instead remain at defaults.

@V4_Ap3Dud3 This issue is happening once again, however now only the Puffiness property is affected.
Order works completely fine, but Puffiness fails to be set 100% of the time now.

I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue with my avatar, but I was able to reproduce with yours.

Thank you for the report, and for your patience. We will investigate the issue.

2 Likes

Puffiness now works in games again (most of the time), but both Order & Puffiness don’t seem to be working in user thumbnails at all.

1 Like

Seems I am having issues with my avatar as well. My Roblox thumbnail on the website does not accurately portray my avatar (clothing order seems off), although it looks fine on the Roblox app and in experiences (as far as I’m aware).

1 Like

Issue is happening for me now. Even though the coat is supposed to be on top, it’s not:

1 Like

Hello all and thank you (again) for your patience. I do understand this issue is frustrating, and I do share your concern that it keeps happening. We are working with the related teams to make sure it is addressed and resolved once and for all. I will keep the thread updated on the status.

5 Likes

Hello again, the team has rolled back the changes while we are working on fixing that went wrong. If you re-edit sort ordering on your avatar, it should now work.

Thank you!

7 Likes

Just tested, the issue appears to be resolved. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.