Leaderboards doesnt go above certain number, why?!

Hello so I wonder why leaderboards doesnt go above certain “abbreviated” number for most times it is 9.223Qn.
Thank y’all for answear and also with possible solution.
(Sorry for maybe wrong category)

3 Likes

I think it’s because the Roblox engine can only hold a certain amount of data but, I could be wrong.

1 Like

It’s not just Roblox, it’s a global thing :

2 Likes

That’s because you’re probably using an IntValue, the limit for an IntValue is 2 ^ 63 - 1.
Does switching it to a NumberValue work?

Thank you but also as I see its possible to go above this number like I saw in many games so how can I achieve it? Because I cant find it.

1 Like

I had a similar issue:

The solution answers your question.

(Please make sure to use the search bar next time)

1 Like

That’s just roblox. I believe roblox games cannot handle data that high. That’s why I assume roblox games such as saber simulator use oop (Object Oriented Programming), and google sheets (for data handling), to get past this limit.

1 Like

You will have to use a BigNum implementation and use a StringValue for the leaderboard or code yourself a leaderboard if you need some kind of sorting.

1 Like

Alright sorry but I tried to find it but not good enought thank you!

would using a StringValue for leaderstats work? with tonumber()

EDIT: or with _G if possible
ANOTHER edit: I remember now, don’t use _G. ModuleScripts are a better alternative if you need to store things.

Hey, this was unnecessary bump but we were talking about OrderedDataStore leaderboards and you can’t store StringValues in them.