Leaves on Tree asset does not look the same in studio as in Blender

Hey, I’ve been working on this tree for future uses. The leaves were made using shaders, but when I try to import it to studio the transparency, doesn’t work. I’ve tried to use ColorRamp, re-importing/exporting, and messing around with shaders and new textures.

Any input would be amazing.

Could you provide a picture of how it looks in studio?

If this is a problem with transpareny with your texture–

Make a part in studio with a special mesh
Upload your tree mesh and put the id in the special mesh
Then add a Decal, not texture
Make sure your decal is transparent
It should work

I found this Dev Forum article that sums Up what I said If it helped

1 Like

This doesn’t work anymore - it worked in 2017 to around 2019, but now with SurfaceAppearance, there’s no need to use this outdated method anyways. I’ve been told that SpecialMeshes aren’t great for performance either.

@MythStarsRoblox , Roblox doesn’t support shaders in the conventional sense. You need to convert it to geometry and bake the texture. Roblox only supports geometry and texture data, so any modifiers or materials applied to objects will either turn into geometry (in the case of some mods) or not appear at all.

2 Likes

Hm, I currently use the Special Meshes method. It still should work if its your last resort

Thank you so much, its a little weird that roblox hasn’t added support for shaders since they are a key aspect of using blender, but either way the surface appearance solution fixed my problem.

1 Like