Legality of UGC items and logo’s

What is the issue?

I am curious wether or not allowing the usage of ROBLOX’s official icon the sort of square looking “O” on ROBLOX UGC items or blender models is allowed if they are only published to the official platform.

It truthfully appeals to me to use this logo as a form of “Badge” almost a sort of seal of recognition as other brands such as “Ralph Lauren” have positioned there’s.

I have a marketing plan, a few designs and am currently learning Blender and wanted to know the legal perspectives so I have a deeper understanding.

What do I mean by this?

Famous clothing line designers such as Gucci and many others have a “signature” logo for them it’s the infamous interlocking G’s.

For Ralph Lauren it’s the horse and the list continues with different placements on different clothes such as on the shoulder as a badge on a jacket or on the left of the Torso or chest for a shirt

Photo for further explanation:

So what if someone was to take a 3D modelled shirt clothing for instance and slap a ROBLOX logo on the position famous branding’s do?

If for example I was to place the first logo with some alteration perhaps a Christmas tree behind it for example and call it Christmas Blox and base a brand of these two logo’s is that against Roblox TOS?

Thank you sincerely for taking time to read any advice or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

This was written on iPhone

2 Likes

You can not do this. Will you be punished/ moderated for this? Probably not.

Here you can read the brand guidelines.

Some of the important parts:

Don’t Use the Roblox logo; only the “Now on Roblox” badge can be used.

The Roblox Logo and Roblox Tilt are not permitted for general use on any creative materials or copy (unless it’s part of the Official Badge). Logo use is strictly limited to select partners and the Roblox Stars Influencer Program. We do not grant unsolicited requests to use our logos.

Here you can read the Marketplace Policy.

Some of the important parts:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.