Less ping in Roblox Studio than in RobloxPlayerBeta!

Hi, I would like to know why there is such a tiny ping in Roblox Studio? In my game I have at least 70, and the most up to 300+. Is such a small ping 30 in Roblox Studio through 64-bit? If so, when will RobloxPlayerBeta have 64-bit?

2 Likes

Ping is the time it takes for your internet connection to ping the server and back.
As studio is running entirely on your computer, the closest thing to ping will be latency (the time it takes for studio to run code).

soon :tm:

1 Like

And 64-bit has something to do with it?

No.

And what are the ways to reduce ping at Roblox?

There’s nothing you can really do, either as a developer or user.
This is also beyond the scope of Scripting Support.

1 Like

I have one more request. Could you test my game and write me what’s wrong with it?

No. Scripting Support is not here to test games for you.

Ok, so who could test my game for me?

You could get a friend to test your game, or even just yourself.

I would like a professional, my friends do not know this.

If anything, the Code Review section of Help and Feedback could be of help reviewing your code to improve it.

1 Like

I will explain what ping is, just for the sake of it :smiley:

Basically, when you connect to a website, let’s say roblox.com, you send a request to Roblox’s servers. These servers are machines / computers, just like your PC at home. These servers (or computers) are just the same as your own computer, but they are usually better equipped with CPUs, RAM, GPUs and more.

Now, when you visit roblox.com, you are sending a request to these computers, and in most cases they will respond. Ping is the time it takes for you to send a request and get a response from these servers.

Now I’m going to see what the ping is when I visit Roblox!

It might seem confusing at first, but don’t worry! If you look all the way to the right, you can see the time it took for my computer to send a request to their servers, and for those servers to respond back. This time it took 131 ms before I got a response. This is the “ping”.

The reason why you can get huge pings are mainly because of slow servers, or if you’re far away from them. The internet is literally connected with wires that go under the ocean. When you visit any website, or play any game you send a request that goes through all of these wires to find the right “location”.

Below you can see how the internet is connected.

The lines you see on the image are actual wires that lie under the ocean, and are routing all requests. Since I live in Norway (which is far away from the US), it takes more time before the servers receive and respond to my requests.

3 Likes

Thank you, it was very helpful!

1 Like

@SniperPlaygame Are you referring to a regular test session or team-create? Test sessions are local; they are hosted right on your machine, unlike team-create which is hosted on a regular Roblox server. Because the test sessions are hosted on your machine, there really isn’t time much of a delay if point A is point B.
@1TheNoobestNoob ^

2 Likes