Let us see and open all places from the Studio homepage

As a Roblox developer who for the past few weeks has been developing exclusively in a non-start-place place, I find it really inefficient and wasteful that I need to open a game’s start place, wait for it to load, select a place in the Game Explorer, then wait for that place to load to load a single place.

Not only does it require the constant use of a feature some people don’t like to see (Game Explorer), it also just generally wastes our time (and data, although that is becoming less and less important as time goes on). With the all the crashing issues Studio has, and just from the workflow of closing and opening places, the time taken to do this starts to add up (in the long term), and in the short term it is just annoying. We shouldn’t need to use the website (or if we should, then that should apply to all types of places).

We should be able to open all places from the homepage, plain and simple.

15 Likes

I prefer using the website mainly because it’s just more convient for me - my workflow has always been going to the website, clicking on Develop (or create as it’s called now) and then clicking edit on the place I want to work on. I feel like Roblox is phasing out Universes because it’s extremely tedious and time consuming to work on a universe effectively. They removed the auto-sort based on time modified for whatever reason, so it’s now permanently stuck on the last updated time before the change, which was around 3 years ago, or when the place was created.

They’ve made it so you have to click more to get what you want and that’s really bad UX in my opinion.

I agree that Studio needs to have Places visible by last modified and the same applies to the website - something just like pre-2015.

1 Like

I disagree. Universes have been quite useful and I see no valid reason for Roblox to remove them. In my opinion, what you’re mistaking for issues with universes is more issues with everything else – asset management, studio workflow, etc. are not that good right now but can each be (effectively) improved individually. Also, if they are trying to phase out universes, why did they just update teleport data?

I never said that lol, but yeah that was useful.

1 Like

Mmm you are right - I was confusing the horrible workflow with them phasing out Universes. :joy:

I was also throwing in something that should be brought back as it’d improve the UX in my opinion.

1 Like