Light and Dark theme getting mixed here

Found a bug in the followers section where one part is like light themed, while remaining is dark. Note that I’m using dark theme.

Website being used:
Microsoft Edge Version 94.0.992.23 (Official build) beta (64-bit)

Repro:

1. Go to summary.
  2. Go to network.
  3. Click on following.

Pic below:

It doesn’t look like you are on the latest version of Microsoft Edge. Mine says it’s up to date.

1 Like

Your on Microsoft edge. I’m on Microsoft Edge beta. And it is up to date.

Ah, I’d specify that in the post.

Anyway, have you refreshed the page or restarted Edge yet? I can’t reproduce this. Are you following anyone?

I’d assume that since Crazed is on the normal version of Edge, it has something to do with Edge Beta. Try this on normal Edge or Chrome and see if it still happens. If so, I’d restart your browser and device, then see if that does anything.

chrome_ndmDHDsZIz

Have you restarted your computer? Maybe it’s a computer problem and not a browser peoblem.

Okay, in that case, that eliminates Edge Beta being culprit. Does it do the same with the regular Edge? If so, try this on different themes, such as Grey Amber and seeing if they do it then switching back to Dark. If it STILL does so, then, this is indeed a Developer Forum issue that is strangely only appearing for you. I have not been able to reproduce it myself.

I’ll have to try that but lemme check on mobile first though.

I’d say that it is. Sometimes, strange issues pop up like this, and restarting somehow fixes them. If restarting does not, then perhaps switching themes and seeing if this is happening with all of them would. If you can figure out if it is just dark mode or all themes which may be darker this is happening on, then, that may allow the root of this issue to be found.

Same issue on mobile.

In that case, that would likely not be a device issue, but rather something on your end. Try my troubleshooting method of switching themes to Grey Amber and seeing if it happens there; If it is happening on all darker themes, perhaps the root cause can be found more easily. I would still see if restarting fixes it, but it may not.

Graceful theme has no issue, visible.

Default too no issues.

Grey amber has same issue.

Issue occurring only in darker themes. All viewed in Microsoft edge beta.

This is happening on iOS Safari and Discourse App as well as Google Chrome for Desktop.

I’m on iOS 14.8 with the latest updates.
My Chrome is up to date as well.

You have found where the issue is happening and I have just now noticed this! Look at the white in Grey Amber and Dark. You can see that the text is just barely visible, but it is there. This is likely something on the Roblox end, since another user has confirmed they are having it. I’d let Developer Relations look into it since it appears to be some sort of weird issue with site themes and text colors.

2 Likes

Please search before posting.