Light Transport Modelling - Get a "Ray Tracing" Feeling!

I looked over his project, this is not a “lighting enhancer”. It does not mess with the lighting settings except using EnvironmentSpecularScale.

1 Like

Uhh did you read the code on GitHub?

Yes I did, it just adds a blur, bloom, colorcorrection, sky and atmosphere. It again is really similar to NovemberReject’s lighting enhancer.

(Rtx Lighting :) - Roblox)

Or should I say, it’s the exact same code.

Here’s how it looks on my horror demo, Restless:

Again, trying not to sound rude but, just so no one gets mislead, this (seems to) only looks as good as it does because cubemap images are generated indoors by Roblox (basically, reflections) due to a recent update. Unless your game is fully indoors and every texture is PBR, it wont look anything like this, and will reflect the skybox. This can all be done without this resource.

Y’know, something interesting or impressive. Actual raytracing, a lighting engine, something that has never been done before on Roblox.

1 Like

This is what it does to outdoors, so yes it still does work outdoors, and most of these buildings aren’t PBR.

Before:

After:

(This is a PBR meshed building)

1 Like

The glass is reflecting the sky. Not the road below it, or the environment around it. The third image is what you would call a shadow.

1 Like

Fair enough, you’re right. I know this might sound like a crazy dumb idea but what if I made some sort of fake sky to be able to reflect the interior too?

I think your idea of creating a fake sky to reflect the interior is a creative and innovative approach to achieving a realistic reflection of the environment. However, it may not be the most efficient or practical solution. Although it does sound intelligent, how would you make Sunrays and add sunlight and a moon…?

1 Like

there’s some problems

1. ipairs only stops yielding if it reaches nil, which isn’t even possible when using instance:GetChildren() and you don’t need to use pairs nor ipairs anymore because of the iteration for i, v in instance:GetChildren() do
  2. if v == true then is 100% equal to if v then
  3. You’re supposed to be using character:FindFirstChildOfClass() instead of character:FindFirstChild() for the clothes
1 Like

I think I have a smarter idea, which might take some time for me to fully finish and optimise :wink:

2 Likes

Is it just me or it doesn’t seem to do anything? I might be doing this incorrectly so correct me if I’m mistaken. I do notice the materials look slightly shinier but I don’t see any changes in reflections.

Also, I replied to you by mistake. Sorry about that.

Are you using future lighting?