Live Scripting Beta

Hi there,
Sorry for bumping this post, but I am often getting the ‘unstable connection’ pop up despite my connection being fine for other games (outside and inside of Roblox, it just seems like my studio connectivity is really horrible at times.) My team has also been experiencing this issue.
Is there any way I can troubleshoot this and send data over to the team for check up?
Thanks!
(Incoming Replication Lag is set to 0)

You are not alone… so it has to be on the Roblox side (unaware/untold).
I also have been seeing it for the last month (more or less), never before.

The “instability” for me last a few secs then gone, but very annoying indeed.

1 Like

How big is the script you’re editing when you see this message?

1 Like

For me, as I’m not a scripter (yet), my (assisted) scripts will be max 30-50 lines.

All the scripts I work with are around 100 lines or more.

Hi @xKiiyoko and @TQNY2, could you please share your internet speed when you see this warning message? You can use the Google Internet Speed Test to check your speed. We also need your place ID so we can check if there are any server logs from there.

1 Like

Hi, I am connected to Ethernet so my internet speeds are incredibly fast.
I cannot share my internet speed when I see the warning due to the fact that it appears in blips, and internet speed wouldn’t show the whole picture.
The place IDs I have the most issues with is 15121756860 and 2007413507.

Thank you for the response.

1 Like

I can’t remember which place it was, as I was doing various test on different files.
Most were bare basic (just NPC script testing), which I was testing for my bigger project.

I can say, is that I haven’t seen it again for a while, though took a few days break (house work) lol

I live in South Africa - so this is considered a good connection.
Unlike the awesome speed @xKiiyoko achieves :laughing:

2 Likes

Hi @xKiiyoko,

Happy holiday! We observed operation delays for place 15121756860 on December 24 and December 14. However, we haven’t identified any other delay issues for this location within that time frame. Do you happen to have internet speed measurements from when the issue occurred? An 800 Mbps speed should be more than sufficient to avoid connection problems. Is it possible that the connection is generally stable but only experiences slowdowns during specific periods?

Thanks for providing information for us to improve product.

Yes, I control my wifi with UniFi and I personally haven’t seen any blips of WiFi or anything like that on the graphs they provide. I also occasionally script while in calls and the network does not deteriorate there either—only in Studio. Thank you.
I have attempted to do a clean reinstall of Studio with no luck. I experienced this bug yesterday as well.
if you are able to, are you able to check out the other PlaceId I have provided?

We’ve reviewed the activity for 2007413507 but did not find any TeamCreate activities there, seems that no one has accessed it.

Do you have any plugins installed in your Studio? Additionally, I haven’t observed any delays at location 15121756860 since December 24. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Could you recall how long the warning displays when it occurs? According to our data, it never last longer than 5 seconds. Does this align with your experience?

I may send you a direct message to conduct a more thorough investigation.

Oops. I meant place ID 5684445570–I don’t know where I got that other place ID from, sorry.

I have lots of plugins installed, but none (to my knowledge) do anything in the background. I can send all of my plugins as a file to you in direct message if needed.

It started re-occurring for me in the past week for around 5-20s every time it happens (& today in the place ID that I have put above!). As I said, it’s mostly an inconvenience at most and does not massively hinder my development ability but is very often frustrating. Thank you for your understanding.

Will this ever be updated to inform which script it is by script name?
If you have 1 script open it’s easy to tell that it’s that 1 script, if you have more scripts open, you have to manually look or ask for which script they entered. Would also be cool if you could then click on this text to jump to that script they started working on.

Would also be nice for the kick message, or other messages, to mention the script name.

Hi @MineJulRBX

“Joined live editing session” doesn’t imply that someone is opening a script in live scripting mode; it simply means that someone else has opened this place too.

If you wish to track the activities of the other collaborator in this place, we can easily jump to that collaborator’s location :smile:.

However, I understand your point, and those are valid suggestions. We will work on enhancing the message to make it more descriptive. Thanks for the suggestions!

2 Likes

I would concur that to be correct - 5secs or less.
PS: Haven’t seen it again … since that night.

1 Like

I would like to report that Live Scripting has made editing scripts in our game extremely unstable.Please add a toggle so we can turn it off in the time being while this gets worked out.

While it doesn’t happen all the time, it appears opening a script will crash Studio. I’m unsure what exactly is causing this issue so I’m reporting it here. Feel free to follow up in messages and I’ll provide log files.

hi deathbandss lol (amongus :fire: )

The issue you are seeing should be this one: Live scripting unstable internet connection causes crash We plan to release the fix along with new version Studio tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I just don’t understand Roblox anymore :huh:.

Whilst features such as user ads get removed, impacting the overall community in a negative way, amazing updates like this get casually rolled out to us devs.

What is even happening at this point? (Not complaining about this, this is awesome)

I never had a team to script with, but this is very good. Reminds me of Microsoft Word.

1 Like