LoadAnimation requires the Humanoid Object

Hello there,

I have been getting this error on all of my weapons which causes them to break after I respawn, the error says that the LoadAnimation requires the Humanoid Object to be a decedent of the game object. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Error I'm getting

Code in my Tool

2 Likes

The problem is that when you respawn the Humanoid becomes nil so all of the loaded animations become broken animations (humanoid they are assigned to is not a descendant of game)

i reread and saw that you are indeed reloading the animations, i saw someone talking about this a few weeks ago and the fix was to wait for a new character ? (give me a moment to try to find the post)

4 Likes

That’s exactly what happens. Is there a solution to this though?

2 Likes
while char.Parent == nil do
	char.AncestryChanged:wait()
end

from TheGamer101 at Getting error "LoadAnimation requires the Humanoid object to be a descendant of the game object" despite waiting for Character

havent tested it out but it should probably work (char should be player.Character)

6 Likes

I believe that this thread should assist you, I can look for more if you’d like!

2 Likes

This will not be sufficient in this case. The character exists before being parented to game.Workspace, with a nil parent. My games have a slight variation of what’s suggested a few posts up:

while char.Parent ~= game.Workspace do
        char.AncestryChanged:wait()
    end
5 Likes

This is not a solution to the problem.

First of all, if you’re going to introduce something which you believe yourself is “inefficient/unprofessional”, it’s better off to just not post it. There’s no reason to be providing inefficient fixes to problems.

Second, the issue in the thread has been answered with a more adequate solution already. The issue wasn’t that the humanoid didn’t exist yet, it was that it wasn’t a descendant of the game object yet. When responding to a support thread, it’s important to gain an understanding of what the issue is, which @CheetahSp33d supplied with the error in the developer console.

3 Likes

I was having this same issue and I tried all of the previous suggestions and they didn’t work for me. I was able to solve the problem by defining the Humanoid from the Tool and NOT from the character.

What I was doing:

local h = plr.Character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")

What ended up working is:

local h = tool.Parent:WaitForChild("Humanoid")

Update[1]:
Never mind sorry. This worked all 5-10 times I tried it before posting this but I just tried it again and it doesn’t work so it must not work all the time.

Update[2]:
I “think” that this is now working:

local Tools = game.ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("StarterTools"):GetChildren()

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
	plr.CharacterAdded:Connect(function()

wait(1)

for i,v in pairs(Tools) do
			local NewV = v:Clone()
			for j,k in pairs(NewV:GetChildren()) do
				if k.ClassName == "LocalScript" then
					k.Disabled = true
					k.Disabled = false
				end
			end
			NewV.Parent = plr.Backpack
		end
	end)
end)
3 Likes
1 Like

I was having the same issue. But I have a way that is working for me now. In your local script, just add a wait(5) on the utmost top (before you define any variables).
Note: You might need to change the wait time.

Use animators (animator:LoadAnimation) instead of humanoid:LoadAnimation.
Or disable the localscript and enable it from the server when the tool is equipped.