Loading animations onto an animator inside a worldmodel errors

1. What do you want to achieve? Playing animations on a rigged character in a Viewport

2. What is the issue? I added in a WorldModel and dumped the character into it. When I tried to call LoadAnimation on the animator in a LocalScript (located inside the humanoid of the character), it errors with the common reason “AnimationClipProvider is not loaded” (the reason roblox gives for not loading animations inside workspace.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I can’t find anyone else having this problem on devforum. Tried putting RunService.Heartbeat:Wait() and it didn’t work.

How to replicate:
ScreenGui

• ViewportFrame
    – Camera
    – WorldModel
    — Character
    ---- Humanoid
    ----- Animator

ReplicatedStorage

• Animation

It’s possible that the character has to be in workspace in order for the animations to load, which is really unfortunate: Error - Cannot load the AnimationClipProvider service - #7 by bubbavimto

Not sure if this is just a bug since I can see that animations are supposed to work if you insert a WorldModel

I followed the steps to replicate this behavior as closely as possible on a new blank baseplate, and the error never showed up for me

Are you sure it’s that script that’s causing the error to appear?

Also, by:

Are you placing the character into the WorldModel using another script? If yes, then that means that the script that contains the LoadAnimation is running when the character isn’t in workspace or inside of the WorldModel, thus causing the error to occur

Ok I just found the cause, the WorldModel needs to be instantiated on client as well if the character, animator and camera are all instantiated on the client. Thanks for the help everyone

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.