Logic problem: Cheque system and 'cheaters'

You could also have like maybe 10 different math questions. Someone could possibly just do a macro to type all the possible answers in but you could get around that by having a 3 attempt limit. If they don’t get it right within 3 tries then they’re OUT

1 Like

I like this, as it may be considered more ‘fun’, but there’s only so many answers you could do until an answer becomes too hard for younger players to do. Someone could bruteforce answers between 1-100 quite easily for example.

Would it be possible to have an external http service to automatically generate math images? The client can easily batch up like 20 new questions per new checkout

This is under the impression all of your players can do extremely simple math such as 1 + 4. Take it from me as someone who collects data for my game where the core gameplay is based around answering simple math problems, a large amount of them don’t know the simplest of math.

Your issue is that your system works in such a way that an auto clicker is viable. Fix the system, don’t overengineer solutions that can be bypassed.

2 Likes

You can do easy questions too. Don’t limit yourself to math. “Who is the original founder of Roblox?” is a good one or “Whats the game’s name?”

Exactly

Which is why you only give them 3 attempts to answer it correctly.

You don’t need that many different questions.

This is a Roblox game and I presume your game is directed towards kids/teenagers. I don’t think it’s likely that someone would try to brute force the answers for a little bit of cash.

My focus isn’t around ‘how to make the code secure’ though, it’s ‘who to display it to’
@Noxielotl @iRexBot

Answer: everyone

Read what I said above - not all your players will know the answer (kids aren’t smart).

1+1 = 2

2+5 = 7

3+7 = 10

Nothing hard.

If a kid is playing a game where they get a job and earn money, then they should know how to add up numbers under 10.

And I was presuming his game was for kids, could be targeted towards teenagers tbh.

What I will do initially is only display this code to people with ‘unusual behaviour’ (such as 0 movement, no chatting, etc), but this is not completely full proof. I was wondering if there is a collection of behaviours which are mostly full proof.

Any number between 0 - 10 can work.
(0 - 10) + (0 - 10) = ?

My entire game is about doing simple math problems, 1 through 10. I reached 50 million visits and I’ve been collecting data since day one. A large amount of players can’t add numbers under 10.

1 Like

selfless plug :roll_eyes:

just kidding

Well, I guess he has no hope. Guess he’ll just have to live with the idle and annoyed players.

2 Likes

Like I said, the solution is to fix the system so that auto clicking isn’t a viable alternative to playing the game.

And it also just so happened to be the perfect example :wink:

And how would you suggest he do that?

@Kampfkarren @iRexBot @Noxielotl
I appreciate your contributions, but that’s not the goal of the challenge

Which is why we’re trying to find a method which works most effectively