Longer Account Pin Option

Roblox doesn’t need to be like other companies which is the point of that reply. Roblox accounts are already secure, no need for something crazy like 25 digits or just extra in general because it wouldn’t even be a PIN anymore. PINs are always 4 digits, no more, no less. That is pretty secure. There is a 0.0100010001% chance your pin can get guessed.

If your argument is “because that’s the way they are” discounting all of the benefits of having a longer PIN, that’s a pretty terrible argument.

Give users the option to set a longer PIN, leave the minimum at 4 digits. PINs are functionally identical to passwords anyway. It is negligible effort to increase the maximum and make the character requirement a minimum, and improves security for people who worry. Everyone wins, nobody loses.

8 Likes

My point was that accounts are already secure, with passwords by default, and an optional 2FA and PIN. Use them if you’re crazy about security.

That was all :+1:

Agreed, pins should be any length you want, but should be 6+ letters. Though I have all my account info filled out and a secure password with 2FA, I’ve still been password guessed 5 timesno I do not share a computer and no I do not tell anyone my password, which suggests Roblox could use better security.

1 Like

While yes, it would be secure, I don’t think adding Google Authenticator would be a good idea.
The PINs cannot be transferred between phones and if you do a factory reset or if something happens to your phone, you can say “bye-bye” to your Roblox account as there’s no way to get access to the PIN again.
Maybe adding backup codes in case you lose the app would solve that, like Discord does.

1 Like

Yes, recovery codes would be part of the package, obviously. Nobody in their right mind would implement TOTP 2fa integration without backup codes in 2020. This is a moot point.

2 Likes