Looking for a game idea that's simple and easy |

I am looking to create a game. But, I came across that I have nothing to make. What are some of your guys opinions? The idea has to be simple, not hard to make, and is in the category’s below:

Adventure, MMORPG/RPG.

Nothing much else except for the topics above. I am completely clueless, so I think you guys may give me some help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here: Creating Unique Game Ideas
Hope this helps!

1 Like

I have read this, many times in the past, although it does help, it doesn’t exactly help me find the game idea that I’m truly wanting. Thanks though! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But as I said in my post, I wanted idea’s within the genre of…

Adventure, MMORPG.

Two ways:

• Hire a game designer - designing an adventure or an RPG game is difficult, ESPECIALLY when you want it simple, it is extremely difficult to design a simple game while still making it interesting. It might seem simple but it isn’t. A game designer is your best bet.
  • Clone some game - I don’t recommend this, but if you only want to test out your programming skills and systems designs then sure. I doubt you’d get players doing so.
  • Remix Rogue - every game does this and they’re called “Roguelikes”.

I usually say “don’t let people design your games for you” like a broken record. I have too many experience with these and they typically end up in: “I don’t like your idea” and tends to not help anyone. You won’t be satisfied until you actually design the game yourself, since you know… you’re putting in mechanics that you want.

I do agree with that resource being useless and doesn’t help, while it does teach design philosophy to some extent, however the usefulness seems hyped. You can buy game design books, but prepare to shell out tons of money for them, they’re expensive and really thick, usually 600 pages for a single game media.

1 Like

This is helpful, yes, but I did state I want the idea to be an Adventure like game too. Thus, I already have something in mind… Something, like a RPG and something like a Adventure game.

Adventure / MMORPG are fundamentally not easy game categories to make because they take a massive amount of content. Games that are highly rules / turn based on the other hand like TCGs/CCGs take a lot of time to implement too because you don’t get Roblox’s nice character behavior for free as part of your game mechanics.

If you want things that are easy to implement you should pick a game category that has a good mix of some content with some game rules, since that way you get the most out of Roblox’s built in character behavior.

1 Like

If your going to make a Adventure or MMORPG game it needs to have NPC’s or it needs to be PVP and it should have weapons and stuff like that Thus when you take those into consideration it looses the simplicity.

Hope this helped!
Cheers,
epicnerdygamer.

Yes I know, RPG’s are hard. I’ve tried making one in the past. I didn’t have as big of a developing team back then as I did now, so I am fine, and I believe I can do one.

If you have a team together you should be asking your team what they want to make. An MMORPG will be a huge undertaking, you’re going to want them to be as invested as possible in its success, past just monetary reward.

Create a “Roguelike” game, those games usually have different levels each time you rejoin the game. They’re great for RPGS and adventure.

Yes I know. I have deleted the post.

Put together a rough draft than ask for suggestions, if you can’t put together a rough draft than keep trying till you do or pay a game designer to do it for you.

I’ve had that ideology ever since I was a child, and I cannot stress enough how it has held me back. What matters is the execution not the idea itself.

It doesn’t matter if your concept is original or a parody what matters is the execution and if the execution is flawed than the idea itself is rendered useless in comparison.

Yes, but wouldn’t you need an idea to execute a game successfully? You have to have an idea, to be able to make something successful. Isn’t this correct?

Depends if you’re aiming for originality or if you’re trying to be a competitor. Contrary to popular belief not a single game on the front page is original

2 Likes

take a trip to the past, and play old games that used to be a hit. See what got people to stay and compare the differences between the old top games and the new ones, then find an old idea that has not been seen in a while and remake it following some current day techniques that people love.

First of all, i’d like to insist that just the plan of going with “RPG”, is not easy, It’s one of the genre that require the most contents in everything, Characters, Items & Maps.

This is a bit why even nowadays, the standard in Roblox in this genre is, in my taste, extremely “radioactive”, The greatest visuals & exploration experience, perhaps, but it’s included with a Cookie Clicker Tribute and mobs that uses a unique Magnitude 10 attack. the game still founds success regardless, they’ve bet fully on the attractive part and they were right for big bucks.

If you’re looking to have it easy, i think you should more likely look into the “fancy” parts while staying very accessible for mobile, Unfortunately, bringing a complex gameplay may be interesting to some people, but some “Big Efforts” can actually turns the game with Less solid results as sometimes we keep forgetting the audience is young, and possibly won’t know anything else but “clicking” stuffs. (resulting that player quit due to his unability to feel progress)

Overall, if what you’re looking is only “success”, Flashy and numerous contents are the points that will impact people the most, one for giving a reason to stay and slay, and the other one for Maintaining the player to play.