Looking for scripter to finish the Weapon Animation Creator 3 project

NecroBumpist has a pretty nifty bytecode interpreter written up, with which I bet a few tweaks could spit out the instructions, and then translated easily into some kind of readable code.

Anyways, I thought you couldn’t read the source of closed-source modules that you have to request using the assetid to load?[/quote]

theoretically, could a fenv hack work to disable security on a module? Although a person who knew enough about the internals probably doesn’t need to be asking for a scripter in the first place.

NecroBumpist has a pretty nifty bytecode interpreter written up, with which I bet a few tweaks could spit out the instructions, and then translated easily into some kind of readable code.

Anyways, I thought you couldn’t read the source of closed-source modules that you have to request using the assetid to load?[/quote]

I’m pretty sure you can’t require closed-source modules. Either you have access to it or you don’t.

theoretically, could a fenv hack work to disable security on a module? Although a person who knew enough about the internals probably doesn’t need to be asking for a scripter in the first place.[/quote]

I thought the same thing and after some (more or less) extensive tests, no. I was able to get the environment of functions I allowed to use without approval, however that didn’t do much good in terms of bypassing. I’m going to take a few more jabs at it and see what I can come up with.

I’m pretty sure you can’t require closed-source modules. Either you have access to it or you don’t.[/quote]

You can, by doing

module = require(closed source module asset id);

Upload your modulescript as a model, copylock it and all you need to do is require the model id.

[quote]
You can, by doing

Upload your modulescript as a model, copylock it and all you need to do is require the model id. [/quote]

mmmmmm… nope. You didn’t try it with other people’s assets.

run this code and look for a printed line that says “hi there lol”

require(219853725)()

you’ll also get a 409

it fails to print the line in command bar, test server, and online.

the code in the module script is this:

return function() print("hi there lol") end

[quote]
You can, by doing

Upload your modulescript as a model, copylock it and all you need to do is require the model id. [/quote]

require(219853725)()

you’ll also get a 409

return function() print("hi there lol") end [/quote]

It’s name has to be ‘MainModule’.
(src: http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Function_dump/Functions_specific_to_ROBLOX#require)

[quote]
You can, by doing

require(219853725)()

you’ll also get a 409

return function() print("hi there lol") end [/quote]

You have to name the module MainModule – it’s a little gotcha that isn’t listed anywhere.

[quote]
It’s name has to be ‘MainModule’.
(src: http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Function_dump/Functions_specific_to_ROBLOX#require) [/quote]

this is interesting… thanks

Please be on topic!

This would be something in the realm of possibility for me. I have someone on Roblox I am working on for school, so ill make up my mind after that is done if you still need a scripter.

I’m always available in IRC to script some parts or help with some stuff.
(Just don’t ask me to script a whole game, build something or design a GUI)

But what will prevent the scripter from keeping it after he or she gets the money? :durrr:

Staying to your word, pretty much nothing else.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.