Looking through transparent parts

I have searched the forum multiple times but I cant seem to find a solution that works.

I’m trying to stop the players camera from looking through a transparent part. I have tried editing the players popper located in the camera module but when I do the game completely crashes.

Any help will be appreciated.

Don’t make it fully transparent. Make it .999 Transparency.

I have already tried that and it doesn’t work.

Do you have the Part’s CanCollide on?

Are you trying to keep the camera inside the Transparent Part, or make the Part so you can’t see through it one way?

I’m trying to make the part so it cant be looked through.

1 Like

I think this post can help your case.

1 Like

I already tried that method, still does not work.

you will have to edit the camera script to make this, I did this with my mesh system when can collide is turned off.
To make it easy just try to find the value that the camera will start going trough and then open all camera scripts and search that value you might find it.

Is this all in the camera module?

There are two hacky methods I can think of but it will probably be of no use to you. You can check if the user is facing the opposite way then make the previously invisible block visible (they still wont see it because their camera is turned but might see the edges)

Orrrrr,

You can make the part forcefield and cloak it with .99 transparency glass to hide the forcefield (while the forcefield is at 0 transparency)

But yeah, you might have to dig inside the camera modules to fix it.

1 Like

I tried the first option and it works however its pretty laggy. Thanks for the help anyway.