[Old] Low Poly Beginner Map

Just wanted to share some work in progress of a low poly map that I made in an hour so. I’ve never actually built anything on this scale in Roblox studio but now I’m getting a little more serious!

I’m planning on adding vegetation (i.e. bushes, grass patches) and maybe even wooden ladders and bridges to get across the map and reach other sections. What else could I try adding or improve on? Should things be scaled down? (My player is in the first image for reference)

These are the models I created in Blender and later exported

The experience can be joined from here to get an idea of the scaling :^)
https://www.roblox.com/games/11675178489/Low-Poly-Build-1

7 Likes

really good for a beginner
the colors are a little greyed out and I can see some errors in the meshes and the water doesn’t really fit since its realistic but still really good for a beginner

also I recommend that you don’t make the whole scene in blender since its more difficult to place stuff just export each mesh and then place them in studio

2 Likes

this is awesome, i really like it, but maybe play around with lighting?

1 Like

Yep the water wasn’t supposed to be anything too serious, just added it for fun :sweat_smile: I’ll definitely be exporting single meshes in the future though, good tip!

Yess great idea, I’ll try making it look more like an actual low poly atmosphere :^)