Low-Poly Café Feedback [Beginning of low-poly town]

Greetings yet again fellow developers,

I decided to build a nice quaint Café in about an hour and a half to two hours just now and I would like some feedback. My plans for this place is to actually extend it to be a colourful, vibrant & flourishing low-poly intersection with multiple buildings surrounding it, this is just the first building I have built so far. Visit the place to check it out.

A quick side note as well, I know the back and the left side of the Café doesn’t have any extra details on it, this is because I am planning to make that section an alleyway which will interconnect with each other at the top left corner of the building hence meaning I will add some nice details back there later on!

• Link:
8 Likes

Could you post some screenshot? Some of us are on mobile and can’t really visit your place right now.

Sure thing!

10 Likes

Looks very decent but you should tone down on the neon a bit and the second foor looks very empty. The text color should also complement the colors of your building.

4 Likes

Pretty neat! I like it.

Adding aesthetical simple things can make it better!

keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, my future plans for this mini project will be to add multiple other buildings for people to explore and also, just very possibly you will be able to go inside the buildings.

3 Likes

Looks pretty nice, maybe put more detail in the trees, like the trunk and make them a little longer? Tables outside might be a good idea too.

2 Likes

Looks pretty great so far! :+1:

Maybe adding decorations for the exterior? Like a bike rack on the side, or something like that.

1 Like

I like the bike rack idea! I’ll most likely add that to the left side of the building.

1 Like

I think this looks great i do have some suggestions

SUGGESTIONS

Decoration
(1) the outer part of the cafe build you should add little poles here is an example
images
(2) maybe add little yellow type bushes where the front windows is, not to big.

(3) maybe add little chair"s and and table"s for the out side part

(4) you should add a little trash bin on the side of the cafe on the right side of the cafe

it would bring it out more.

Color
i like the color but you can tone the tree color down a little.

The whole cafe looks great good job these suggestion would bring it out more.

Hope this help.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

The tree colour is bright because I’m going for an Autumn theme. I tried to replicate something along the lines of these colours:

However I may change it to a slightly darker orange, still working on this so there are a lot of areas to improve on. Again, thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

The neon windows are too bright. This can be changed by increasing the transparency of the neon bricks. The fact that the door juts out of the building also looks uncanny.

Otherwise, the build is good.

1 Like

Your “Low Poly Cafe” looks amazing! I like all the different details you added to it i think, this will look very good with other buildings next to it. As well this will look great if this was. Implemented in a town i know that’s still being, worked on overall you have done a decent job on it!!

You’r very talented with the lights, as well as creating other materials which is great for creating low poly builds. I like how you added the cafe sign in the corner of the building, and the different details to it you could add some corner. Bricks in the corner of the build if you plan on doing that, that’s what most cafes have in a town part or in he city areas. I think you have done a decent job on that.

The cafe looks amazing, i like all the different details you added onto the. Building and around it
i know this will look great if! there was other buildings/stores in the area so people, can enter your cafe i know this is still being worked. On and the color scheme you implemented on your building. Really makes the building stand out more, as well it shows a lot of style added to the cafe.

Details
Now looking at the details you added on the cafe looks good. However there seems to be no plants in the window box that will look more better if you implemented that as well add some chairs, tables, bushes, umbrellas, open sign, garbage can, ect. Just to give your cafe some decorations around the area! As well you could add some front poles. In the ground part so people can lock there bikes on so they, could get there coffee/drinks in the building. The color scheme you have gone for looks good! on your building hope to see this cafe in a town soon.

Overall, you have done a great job on your cafe can’t wait to! See the final project nicely done.

2 Likes

Hello RestinPotatoes,

Thanks for sharing your build, I think it looks real amazing thus far!
The build is very clean and the details are pronounced well. I don’t have to much feedback for ya.

I think since your exploring an autumn theme you’ll want some blues to contrast it. I think the windows could pull off this color really nice, so experiment with that.
I also agree with @hoosmany for adding outside decor.
As for that outside decor add a menu special sign, with some tables and umbrellas.

Other than that, I think your style is pretty spot on! Look forward to seeing the entire town!

2 Likes

It looks really good!, I myself am a low-poly builder, I just love the way you did the trees, they look really good. Also, the overhangs blend in really well, I think you have done a great job with this! Good luck to you and you’re future! :rocket:

1 Like

Additionally, you should change your overhangs as the current one doesn’t fit with your building. That kind of overhangs are more for stalls and smaller shops. You should try wedges or negating and unioning a part.

1 Like

I really like the look of the build, It has a very nice riviera feel and it has a great mix between simplicity and detail, awesome job!

1 Like

Your café deserves a lot of praise: you’ve included a few really nice details, the bevels on the corners of the building are nice, and the color scheme strikes a good balance between engaging and relaxing while taking on a clear autumnal theme.
I think you could add some supports for your awnings, and you could maybe push the side windows into the wall a little bit. The second floor is also very empty, especially on the sides where there isn’t a giant sign, so you should add some windows and/or something a little different like vines growing up the wall. On the ground level around the sides, you could add, as mentioned by a previous comment, a trash can, a park bench, or something similar to break it up.
I’d suggest making your tree trunks have a taper; as-is they look like they’re too thick, and they’re quite plain. I also don’t really understand what the orange parts are on the ground. If they’re supposed to be grassy, leaf-covered areas, I’d suggest adding a curb or a small lip on the sidewalk around them as more clear enclosures. And finally, I think your neon is a little bit too bright; you can tone down the glow a bit by making the parts darker and/or more saturated or by decreasing their transparency.
All in all, this is a great build that gives off a charming ambiance and makes good use of its colors and the lighting.

1 Like