[Low-Poly] Obby: Poison valley

Hello there! I’m Rick a 15 year old who has been building on Roblox studio since February 2019. I’m a Newbie type of builder and I’m currently working on an Obby, it’s called “Poison valley”. It’s an evil-candy like themed obby. It’s supposed to be a hard obby and has no checkpoints due to that reason. I would love feedback from you guys, if you think something can be improved please feel free to state it in your reply!

Images

You can also play the obby to look at it more in depth.

4 Likes

There could be some lighting improvements. From what I can see from the images you provided, some parts of the sewers are badly lit.

Low poly when it comes to building (not modeling) means simplicity and no round corners. You could try changing the overall material to smooth plastic and you can remove any round objects (like pipes).

The vines you added look a little too thin. Those futuristic poles have a bright neon which does not look pleasant.

The color scheme isn’t too great. I would avoid contrast colors. Pink, purple, and blue don’t go together.

The effort you put into this map is absolutely outstanding. I love the way the obby is set up and your use of rotation.

Keep it up, and I hope your game becomes popular.

2 Likes

I thought this obby was pretty good good. But I have a few things I want to point out.

DISCLAIMER: I’ve haven’t played through the entire obby, and this is what I’ve seen. (Got past at least the sewer bit)

Picture

A minor complaint but I found this to be kind of deceptive because it looks like I’m suppose to jump to there but I just fall through. Also the sign kind of blends in with the ground so it is kind of hard to see. Although this is kind of forgivable because it is near the beginning of the obby.

Another complaint I have is that, this obby has no checkpoints and although I know that is the point, but it gets frustrating when you are far in and you make a mistake and you have to start all over. So I suggest having like one or two in key points to reduce frustration.

I also agree with @DJCreeper_167 and that there is a few dark spots here and there that could use some light.

On the flip side, this obby in my opinion looks great and the theme (poison valley) is represented greatly with the pinks and purples.

Yes, I agree with the lightning part. In the sewers I faced a problem in which it was too dark, and thus, I had to made it brighter but making it brighter messed it up. It’s too bring now, I have tried fixing it several times. I will try once more. Thanks for the feedback!