Luau Goes Open Source!

Awesome! This will be great for the community!

5 Likes

I am incredibly exited to see what we can do to understand how a lot of the core functions work.
I am very interested to see what people will do with this.

4 Likes

This is what I was waiting for so much! After hearing this in RDC 2021, I was very excited to see how many possibilities can be made using Luau open sourced.

Now that it is here, I can’t wait to see how many innovative works people have made using this. Definitely going to tinker a bit more with C++ first, and then try out this amazing work!

5 Likes

wow, just wow, this is so cool!

4 Likes

Cant wait for people to start using this and finding creative things for it, like Discord Bots! This will really change the future of the language.

7 Likes

Does this mean that we can use Luau in our own C++ projects, find vulnerabilities, bugs and improve luau? Also, wouldn’t this help exploits?

6 Likes

This is amazing!! Now making discord bots will be super easy if I can work out a way of using luau to write code which is compatible. I cannot wait to see what the community can make with this.

7 Likes
3 Likes

Can’t believe this happened, It’s so great that they have chosen this path. Excited to see how Luau will develop itself from now.

1 Like

Will this version of Luau replace the one that’s in the Roblox studio right now? Or, has it been replaced earlier?

1 Like

@Maximum_ADHD IT HAPPENED!!!

8 Likes

That version of Luau is what Roblox Studio already uses.

3 Likes

This… is amazing! I can’t believe it we finally got it! Thank you Roblox

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see the innovations the development community will make with these new resources. This is a big step forward

2 Likes

This is great! I can’t wait to see what will people make outside of Roblox! :happy2:

2 Likes

I’m exited. Luau going open source means the the community can help making it grow. Good move!

2 Likes

ok so exploits now will have a easy way to implement lua u syntax and lua u optimizations

2 Likes

Truly amazing! Can’t wait to look through it and see what I can learn.

5 Likes

Since you guys seem to be going the open-source route, does this mean people be allowed to make pull requests to add functionality? If so, what will be the process behind accepting PRs?

5 Likes

What possibilities does this open up and what can we expect due to this change?

2 Likes