LuaU how to learn

As you’ve read by the title, I’m mostly confused on how to learn LuaU. I’ve looked at various website on it and the github for LuaU, but it doesn’t seem to tell me how to utilize it in anyway. If anyone could tell me a website or anything that can help me learn LuaU, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading!!. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You learn Luau by watching this invaluable course by AlvinBlox

That’s just regular roblox Lua, correct me if I’m wrong.

This would be LuaU, but I’m not quite sure what it does.

local SHOW_DEBUG_RAY_LINES: boolean = true
local SHOW_OUTPUT_MESSAGES: boolean = true
local DEFAULT_COLLECTION_TAG_NAME: string = "_RaycastHitboxV4Managed"

Okay I am correcting you since you are wrong.

“Roblox Lua” is called Luau.

That is “Lua Type Checking”.

Here is a resource that explains everything.

1 Like

Thank you! It seems I named it wrong. What I wanted to learn was “Type Checking”

1 Like

is thedevking a good teacher too?

1 Like

Not too sure. I don’t know about him. People say that his coding course is too complex

Personally, I began with peasFactory then alvinBlox then him before discovering devHub and devforum

1 Like

I watched The Dev King, no previous scripting experience ever. I personally feel like he teaches well. I watched all of his scripting videos from beginner to advanced scripting, it was a challenge but it was worth it. Still have a lot to learn as I didn’t pick up everything I learned. I feel like I got more of a clear understanding than before, if you like to be challenged then I recommend him! In some of his videos, I wish he explained a bit more but it’s free to learn so I can’t complain! :slight_smile: