Lumber Tycoon 2

[quote] Biggest issue I’ve seen in this thread and everywhere has been physics.

It might be controversial, but my abuse of physics in this game was actually pretty intentional. I knew I was trying too much, and everything would not work. But I really love physics things, and the only way you can make something better is by learning about how it breaks. This one’s for the engineers. [/quote]

Are you using the new one or old?

1 Like

[quote]

I feel like the steering is fine as is; yes it’s kinda annoying, but it requires attention, and contributes to the whole feel of trying to make the game work to your own advantage (Such is the nature of a physics based tycoon)

I think it should stay simply because it offers a tiny bit of challenge which is a constant reminder to the game’s theming to some degree. It makes me feel more accomplished when I pull it off smoothly. If it were too straightforward, driving would probably make me lose my interest frequently. [/quote]

The problem is, there is a certain expectation of how a car will handle when you steer to the left or to the right. The expectation is: if you go slow, you will make tight corners, and if you go fast, you make wide corners. The car defies these expectations, which makes driving the car annoying at best and a nightmare at worst, like going up the volcano.

1 Like

Okay, where is Rukiryo? Where do I use the dynamite? The worm food? The bag of sand?

1 Like

I think someone mentioned this earlier somewhat, but adding some sort of tutorial (or help screen) would be nice. I entered and was quite confused about what to do. I literally when up to a tree and starting clicking it before buying an axe (lol).

I really liked the volcano thing with falling borders. That was a hilarious surprise. Both intense, exciting, and funny.

Great work on it! Simple concept and makes for great gameplay.

1 Like

I just discovered that you can get stuck in the volcano using the biggest truck. If you stop on the point of flat and downhill, the bottom of the truck will be touching and you won’t be able to move the truck until a boulder knocks you off. Almost died that way.

Also, thanks for fixing the trailer bugs!

1 Like

[quote] Also, thanks for fixing the trailer bugs!
[/quote]

Which trailer bugs are you talking about?

The biggest thing I’ve done is force network ownership of planks to the server as soon as they are cut, so if they are autoloaded into a truck or trailer, they all have the same ownership. Is that what you are talking about?

By your equalized suspension, do you mean like a bogie? Why is it called Titan Tower?

1 Like

[quote]

Which trailer bugs are you talking about?

The biggest thing I’ve done is force network ownership of planks to the server as soon as they are cut, so if they are autoloaded into a truck or trailer, they all have the same ownership. Is that what you are talking about?

By your equalized suspension, do you mean like a bogie? Why is it called Titan Tower?

[/quote]

The bug where any combination of trailers, trucks, and people connecting them that was not owned by the person doing the connecting would make trailers fail to work. You could grab them, but they refused to connect to anything afterward. Maybe it was server-specific.

I guess I mean a bogie? In my usual circles, bogie means something else entirely, and google pics for “trailer bogie” don’t return what I was trying to convey (which is a crude form of suspension that only uses hinges). This is more along the lines of what I was trying to show, but without the extra arms on the end so that it can’t parallelogram:

As for the name, it’s ehh. Big Hauler, Trailer XL, whatever. It’s supposed to be tow-er, not tower.

Having an issue where my servers day-night cycle has locked up.

I really like it, my only complaint is that there’s no “Back” button for the Menu windows, only a close button and you have to hit Menu again to get back to where you were.

I hit the roof

Add more content, more luxurious functional and non-functional (simply cosmetic) items or machines to buy that are VERY expensive.

Give different types of wood more functions than sell price and building color.

Give me more physics-based problems to solve. More stuff to do and get good at.

make boats for the islands that would be very cool

1 Like

This game is amazing, I have been playing for 2 years!

But recently I stopped due to an exploiter flinging all my axes and presents off the map.

It would be cool if you could fix this, maybe by turning cancollide off, or automatically black-listing everyone who is in the game.

Alternatively, make a collision group that disables blacklisted characters from colliding with the owner’s items.
(On the server side, of course.)

I don’t think Defaultio is working that much on Lumber Tycoon 2 anymore.

Nonetheless, this thread is 5 years old. This thread is probably dead.

2 Likes

Did you earn enough money to do Roblox game development full time?

Lumber Tycoon 2 is a fantastic game, many people play it daily. There is a variety of youtubers who also get multiple viewers for playing the game. However, it needs more updates. Many people have lacked off of the game and forgotten about it, due to the lack of updates.